What's Your Favorite Brand of Beer?

by tfsm 64 Replies latest jw experiences

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Zima and Smirnoffs

• under_believer
    under_believer
    Zima and Smirnoffs

The man said BEER, woman! Not drinks with estrogen additives! ;)

• juni
    juni

gaiaigirl -

It's you and me babe w/the girlie drinks. Such macho men w/their beers.

Juni

• ballistic
    ballistic

If you like rich, dark, distinctive beer, try this... it's incredible

• parakeet
    parakeet

Adamsbreu, drunk at a cafe in Innsbruck in May.

• ajsmama
    ajsmama

Im from the midwest too, only the good part, Chicago! And I bartend as well, so I know my brews. We have an excellent ale thats brewed only about 2 miles from dowmtown, its called Goose Island Honkers Ale. Its one of my favs and shouldnt be that hard to get. Oh also if you like that try goose 312 as well. Cheers!!

• QueenBee
    QueenBee

Does it say something that so many of us have so much BEER advice to give? And under-believer, GIRL here and I don't DO Zima ;)

I like Fat Tire and my hubby likes his Guinness and Mactarnahan's Black Watch Cream Porter.

Bee

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Warm beer

Cold beer.

Any beer.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Ah yeah girl! You're a lady after my own heart. That Fat Tire is some good stuff.
    My wife almost exclusively drinks Black Butte Porter, as dark and smoky as the day is long.

• Confession
    Confession

I've been a beer connoisseur for some time now. I love many, many styles and beers.

I'm familiar with Goose Island Honker's Ale, ajsmama! Whenever I'm stopping down at O'Hare, I go for a Chicago style hot dog and a pint of Honker's. Good stuff.

I also agree with Daniel-P regarding Samuel Smith. This was one of the first quality beers I ever drank as I began my adventure into beer maybe fifteen years ago. I love the Taddy Porter, the Nut Brown Ale and the Oatmeal Stout. But my favorite? Imperial Stout, hands down...but you've got to let it warm up.

I also love virtually every beer brewed by the folks at Bell's Brewing Company in Kalamazoo, Michigan. If you've never had their beers, you've got to try them. Way more malt than most brewers use. They have a secondary brand called "Third Coast," and their Third Coast Old Ale will remind you of something the vikings might've drunk. Kind of a Barleywine...

Also, if you are ever on the eastern side of Michigan, stop by Redwood Brewing. They are an absolutely fantastic restaurant and brewpub. (Seriously great food!) They're right near the joining of I-75 and US-23 near Grand Blanc (Flint area.) They always have lots of great beers on tap, and they let their brewmaster, Bill Wamby get adventurous. If you go, see if Bill or Dave have any of their Old Ale in the back. Simply unbelievable stuff.

Presently my favorite brewery is Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, New York. I have especially loved their Abbey Ale for several years. They are creating Belgian style beers that--and I'm not kidding about this--are beating actual centuries-old Belgian breweries in European brewing competitions in the styles specific to that region. I also happened to be in Cooperstown this past year, and had the chance to visit their quaint brewery. Give it a go. You'll like it.

Here in California I'm spoiled by lots of fantastic beers. Interestingly, since I've been here (for just the past year) I've been exploring wine more. Figure that! Found some beauties in that beverage category as well.

Cheers,

Confession

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit