I have news!!!

by Cabin in the woods 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Dansk,

OMG, I looked that area up on the net...ok, I'm in love!!!!

My sister is scottish through her dad

I am irish through mine.

Is it expensive in that area? Does it ever snow?

I have to find a spot that is not to hot-lupus and not too cold- fibro... starting to sound a bit like Goldilocks here, huh?

c/m

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Mary!? I hope this is making you calmer and that your insurance situation is under control.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOL - Dansk is always trying to fix me up

At latitude 58 it's bloomin freezing most of the year round, and the wind in the nine-month Winter makes your ears hurt, but we do get a light scattering of snow sometimes between March - May albeit not lasting long in the salt air. But it's home, we're of hardy stock (), and when the sun is out there's narely a better place on the face of the planet

This should give you an idea of the prevailing weather conditions:

http://www.weathercity.com/uk/sct/stornoway/

And this should help you convert the temperatures:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/temperature.htm

Today's high 14*C / 57*F

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    LOL - Dansk is always trying to fix me up

It would be about bloody time Ross lol

DB74

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Ahhh, now I know who LT is!!! I even looked in the memberships under "L T" I was tempted to ask but did not want to look like a village idiot!

Thanks for the info LT. Very kind of you. Sounds a bit like Vt. except for the salt water.

Now Dansk you stop picking on LT this very minute.... mouthy we need you over here with that fly swatter of yours!!!

Boys will be boys I guess.

cab

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey Ross,

At latitude 58 it's bloomin freezing most of the year round,

And you want Claire and I to visit????????????? (Blue with the cold!).

Ian

• juni
    juni

Hi Mary.

Boy do I envy you. If I could I would move overseas in a New York minute. The only thing that holds me back are my kids and grandchildren. I would miss them terribly. Good for you for being so brave!! TOWANDA!! (from the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes")

Juni (you do assert yourself more when you reach the 50's, heh?)

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<With that said I will try to keep my personal melodramas off the board for a while.>>

I don't feel that you have to do this. You're slightly isolated where you are aren't you? If you need to vent and get advice there is always someone here to listen and offer support.

Dams

• Es
    Es

all the best Mary

es

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Good for you cab/Mary

I too felt so much lighter once I realized the WTS was a cult and freed my mind. The energy that it takes to repress our true self is unimaginable until it is set free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit