Children who claim to remember past life

by frankiespeakin 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I take it back...

I have experienced this repeatedly, even trees.

This is dumber...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Kid,

please give your sources I gave you mine and have asked you twice and have given you mine when requested.

Two points. First, it seems you very much want to believe this to be true. I have to ask, why? What purpose would the transference of souls serve to humanity and what good would it possibly do? If you believe that the purpose is to allow us to learn from the mistakes of "past lives" then surely, after millions of years of humans having existed on this planet, we would have reached the apex of learning by this point? Yet in reality, what do we see? Humanity perpetuating the errors of the past, individually and collectively, again and again and again, ad infinitum

As to what purpose this would serve I can only go by what the researchers are telling us, and that is we need to learn certain lesson. And as far as reaching some apex I will repeat what the researchers are saying:

the dead go into 4 different levels or domains all higher than our earthly plain(Monroe research). The 4th level is the highest where new commers and those getting ready to leave the rebirth proscess are. So new ones are comming in and those who are at the end of the rebirtthing arte getting ready to leave to some vastly higher domain outside of our space time domain. This can allow for fluctuations in populations and population explosions.

Second, a human life is simply a summed collection of experiences from which "memories of our perceptions" of those particular experiences guide our future actions. Thus, the only thing that could be transferred via reincarnation would be these encoded memories. What is a memory? It is a biochemical "trace" encoded in a network of neurons in the brain. Memories are neither perfect, permanent nor immune from distortion. Indeed, memories of our own life experiences become hopelessly distorted over the years. Even highly vivid memories can be subject to reinterpretation in our own minds. Knowing this to be the case, how do you suppose these imperfect traces (which in fact, define the very essence of who we are as an individual) be accurately transferred to another biological entity when the memory itself may not even accurately reflect what happened to the subject? Would the soul of an Alzheimers victim be reincarnated and if so, what would the recipient being receive, besides a blank disk?
    Good points. Yes our life experiences and thoughts that we call our own do not constitute what we call a person or a me or I. They are just thoughts, or memories that do not exist in the present but some how we interpit them as an me or a you which in essence are just an illusion.
  • kid-A
    kid-A

Frankie, the three sources are all listed, along with the abstracts, on page 2 of this thread. These are all peer reviewed journals.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Kid the essays you gave are very short and don't really say much but try to imply that perhaps there could be something wrong with the children.

• FMZ
    FMZ
    This is idiotic it's like arguing with a scientologist... ; Or maybe a Jehovah's witless!

MKR, by virtue of the apostate amendment to Godwin's Law... you lose. From the Godwin's Law FAQ.. (replace Nazis with JWs):

The Law is generally used on Usenet as an indicator of whether a
    thread has gone on too long, who's playing fair and who's just slinging
    mud, and who finally gets to "win" the discussion. It has, over time,
    become the closest thing to an impartial moderator that Usenet can get.

So, what this means in practical terms:

o If someone brings up Nazis in general conversation when it
    wasn't necessary or germane without it necessarily being an
    insult, it's probably about time for the thread to end.
    o If someone brings up Nazis in general conversation when it
    was vaguely related but is basically being used as an insult,
    the speaker can be considered to be flaming and not debating.
    o If someone brings up Nazis in any conversation that has been
    going on too long for one of the parties, it can be used as
    a fair excuse to end the thread and declare victory for the
    other side.

There was no meat to your post. It was meaningless mockery.

Over.

FMZ

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    There was no meat to your post

There is no MEAT to this discussion it is meaningless stupidity!

• daystar
    daystar

mkr

There was no meat to your post
    There is no MEAT to this discussion it is meaningless stupidity!

There is sort of a trick to dealing with this. Once you've had your say and the other party remains irrationally invested in their POV to the point of absurdity, it's safe to say it's time to stop contributing to it, much as the Godwin's Law FAQ indicates.

• Robdar
    Robdar

the dead go into 4 different levels or domains all higher than our earthly plain(Monroe research). The 4th level is the highest where new commers and those getting ready to leave the rebirth proscess are. So new ones are comming in and those who are at the end of the rebirtthing arte getting ready to leave to some vastly higher domain outside of our space time domain. This can allow for fluctuations in populations and population explosions.

Now, it's been years since I've read it but, the above sounds like something from the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Are you quoting research or Buddhism?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Thats true and on the ORIGINAL thread I did not post! However when dipthong there got his butt handed to him he started another thread in the fine tradition of brownhole, shining one, scholar, defd and lunatic moron's everywhere!

THEN HE DID IT AGAIN! Sorry when someone starts spamming the board with stupidity I take exception!

• kid-A
    kid-A

Kid the essays you gave are very short and don't really say much but try to imply that perhaps there could be something wrong with the children

Frankie, copyright laws dont permit me to post an entire article from a journal. You are free to access these articles on medline. And yes, several of these

studies have found that children with PTSD are more likely to recount so-called "past life" experiences. There are also countless cultural factors that are involved in this.

The point is, there are many many more logical explanations for a child saying these sorts of things then reincarnation. I would also add, your citations are from "books" not scholarly

"research" articles. Books are not subject to scientific peer review, they are merely the personal opinions of the authors. As for your claim of 4 levels post-death, I'm sorry, there is simply

no evidence for any such thing at all. If you have come across an article from a "peer reviewed" scientific journal which demonstrates conclusively the existence of 4 levels post-death, I

would be very interested in seeing your reference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit