Children who claim to remember past life

by frankiespeakin 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Leg,

A friend of mine has a simliar experince with her daughter, when she was 2 or 3 would tell her that in another life she was her mommy and that she died in a house fire.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Seems as if there was a movie a few years ago about a child who was supposed to be the latest incarnation of Buddah? In any case, I tend to think "Sure, why not?"

• FMZ
    FMZ

Frankie... I recently read a book named "The Holographic Universe" where this was discussed, and it prompted me to research the issue further.

I have always been somewhat of a believer in reincarnation. After my studies, I have very little doubt in it's existance. In fact, the only thing keeping me from having no doubt at all in this kind of reincarnation has been brought up once or twice by other posters. There is always the possibility that this phenomenon is due to the "collective unconscious".

However, having said that... my personal belief system incorporates reincarnation as a tool of living and learning. We have to live many lives to see the many different facets of human consciousness. We need to experience life in so many ways, feel love, hate, joy and pain from every angle to be truly selfless. We have to be the yin and the yang to become one with reality.

I think that is what these children are experiencing. They have experienced so much in their previous life, and it is now incorporated into their soul. Unfortunately, they are remembering these horrible experiences in this life. This, I feel, is probably due to the children not having many "memories" yet of this life, they have not yet fully submerged themselves into their current persona. As the years wear on, this life becomes more and more real to them, to the point that they forget completely that they ever lived before. Of course, all of this information is still stored in the "soul", ready for the subconcious to access at any time. It is this, I feel, that allows us to feel empathy. We don't consciously remember the pain, but our subconscious does, and so we are prompted to act in a certain way.

Just my 2p.

FMZ

• lilybird
    lilybird

My feeliings are reincarnation is entirely and most likely possible. I just wonder why it is that some children seem to recall parts of a past life and others don't. Is it certaiin life experiences that trigger the memories???

• FMZ
    FMZ

Lily, my findings concur with those of Frankie's.

It seems that so often, the lives that the children remember were cut short in some way, often violently. The event of their death would leave a greater imprint on the "soul-energy" of the child, and in the process it would find it's way into the child's conscious mind easier. And, as we all know too well, it often takes one memory, even one smell or taste, to bring back a whole slough of memories.

FMZ

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

FMZ,

Usually the average is about 40 yrs earth time before a soul get reborn according to researchers, the children you mention have a much quicker rebirth because they have had thier lives cut short with unfinished business, usually some form of permature death. That seem to be the patern that is emerging with these children.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I don't know. I studied memory in childhood psychology and found that a lot of things children "remember" never actually happened if you talk to the parents. I am talking about early memories from their current life however. It just seems to me if the mind can make up false memories from this life then why could it not invent past lives? As for the girl that gave her death date as her birthday it does not surprise me. A young child learns to remember their birthday fastest and it would be one of the first things that came to mind when making up story details.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Myst,

It true that child may make up stuff, and it is a real possibilty that they could make up a story about a past life, but the thing about these stories that are being investigated by the University have to meet a certain criteria before they will do a more detailed investigation.

What they are finding is that these children are giving accurate infformation that can be verified about the past life they say they were, so I think that rules out a made up story.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Purely anecdotal, but in my years of working with children, I've heard a few talk about their lives "before I was in Mommy's tummy." I find their experiences quite detailed. In my experience these children were always around age 4 or 5. Although I've been told by some parents that their children have spoke of their "previous life" as early as age 3. Not sure what to make of it. I'm open to all that is.
    tall penguin

• FMZ
    FMZ

Frankie...

Your suggestion makes sense also. We often hear about discorporate spirits coming back to the material realm to have a message given to loved ones, and tie up "unfinished business". Maybe this is another way to do so.

Good thoughts mate.

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit