Got the call today

by LennyinBluemont 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Queenbee,

The Rat gets 2 extra days of Everlasting life for exposing the evil apostate. If he's DF'd she gets her own Panda to picnic with.

Laud our God, Laud Jehovah God...

W.Once

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Took me a while to realize that none of them are your "friends", "brothers/sisters", or confidents. They will do anything and everything they can think of to get you, once their mind has been made up to. (for the most part, they don't need a valid reason, either)

Kind of like they say about rape...If you know it is inevitable, lay back and enjoy it.

Peace.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

<<First I would laugh long and hard for about 5 minutes. Then I would threaten to sue them if any public announcement is made concerning me. Then I would tell them get lost.>>

Yep. I would have added a few F-sharpes in there for effect.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hi love, I'm sorry for the situation you're in, it's appalling that a friend would do that. I can only hope that you still have others around you who can stand by you, and that you will work out that you will eventually heal. I'd like to focus on this:

hoping to keep the lines of communication open with the ones we loved for the last three decades,

... only because you face the reality of all that effort going to waste. When I was disfellowshipped I lost my parents, four siblings, and 30 years of friendships. I got to keep four people who are willing to maintain contact, and they're pure gold. But I've also learned that conditional love is meaningless, and knowing that, I don't really miss my family and old friends as much as people probably think I would. The truth is that they didn't really love me anyway, and so I'm not missing out on much. Learning that has changed the way I feel about what happened; I'm now glad that it did. The people in my life now are true friends and I wouldn't have gotten them if I hadn't let go.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The best view I ever got of a Jehovah's Witness was in the rear view mirror. I quit associating with the Witness people in 1974 because they were error prone, they lied to me, and they disrespected me and my family. I initially didn't shun them and I continued to help them by supplying parts for Kingdom Hall construction projects. I didn't advertise my discouraging experiences with them until they started to shun me in 1992.

Once that door opened, I had nothing to loose by staying silent . . . so I didn't.

I didn't declare war on the Jehovah's Witnesses, I accepted their rejection and returned it. Some Witnesses wanted to practice a fractional shunning and still enjoy certain benefits they had been receiving by associating with me. I stopped that.

Leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses is more like quitting a gang than changing religions. I have friends who go to Christian churches and if they want to change churches, even denominations, all they do is maybe get a letter from the church and they start attending the new church. Maybe they don't attend any church at all. No shunning, no marking, no espionage, no charges, no trials, and certainly no split families.

I attended a Christian church and quit attending after a couple years and nobody ever shunned me.

In my opinion, it's worth being shunned to get away from the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl
    This is going to sound like a stupid, naive question (and I don't want to hijack the thread), but can those f***ers df somebody without meeting with the intended victim?

Yes, they can. They did it to me.

It makes me wonder if Julie was a stool pigeon all along. Cajoles and persuades you to share your doubts, then goes blubbing to the BOE? And no doubt feels very pleased with herself.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well, you are not guilty of "spreading apostacy" because YOU aren't the one who spread it. Some busybody contacted you out of the blue, begged you to talk, and intentionally lied when she promised not to tell anyone (insert Biblical reference to deceitful traitorous women here, then insert Biblical reference to making your yes mean yes). I mean, we all know Sampson was only a tad bit guilty; it was all Delilah's fault. Surely you wouldn't have uttered apostacy had you not been tricked into it, so you would have never sinned at all if this woman didn't make you sin.

I'll bet you even feel stumbled by her actions, which would make her bloodguilty.

Furthermore, you shouldn't be eligible for disciplinary action because you have not been known as a JW for over 5 years.

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

"And so their goal was to derive a confession from me that I had violated my "Christian" neutrality. They kept asking, "Have you gotten involved in any political activity? Attended any anti-war rallies?"

Hmm... you know if you have WTS CD look up voting. I remember an article that flat out said that voting is a conscious matter, etc. I remember my mothing in law was flat out amazed when I told her I was going to vote and there is nothing the WTS can do 8-).

I'de look it up but I got rid of it in an effort to keep my wife from being fed her regular dose of poison.

• Purza
    Purza
    She gave me 24 hours to do it or she would tell them.

What a bitch! This woman is not your friend.

This happened to me as well -- a family member gave me one week to go to the elders. Receiving an ultimatum pissed me off so much that I told this family member where to stick it. The elders called me the next day.

I avoided them and never met with them. They eventually stopped calling and as far as I know I am just inactive.

I would avoid meeting with them at all -- if that is possible for you.

Purza

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Lenny, I am sorry to hear of your story. What burns me is that a JW will track you (or someone like you) down over statements you have made that are contrary to the JW belief, but they these same JWs will make excuses for active JWs that molest kids. If they put as much effort in tracking down the pervs in their congo/hall, they might just clean the place up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit