Thunderstorms: Scare You Now?

by serotonin_wraith 20 Replies latest jw friends

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I'm fine with storms now but before if I was sleeping and thunder woke me up I'd automatically think this could be the end.

I know an exjw now who gets nervous if there's a storm, she hasn't been able to break free completely from that childhood belief in the back of her mind.

How about you?

• daystar
    daystar

Oh yeah... storms, tornados, hail... They don't bother me anymore, but it took a number of years before I stopped whigging out a bit when any strong force of nature arrived.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Wasn't Armageddon something to look forward to as a JW? I mean, you'd be one of the lucky ones, right?

• Warlock
    Warlock

And I thought I was bad off.

When I was a kid, my grandparents used to tell us that thunder was the sound of God bowling in heaven.

Warlock

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I was never scared of thunderstorms, either as a jw or now.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thunderstorms no, hurricanes....just a little bit!

r

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Thunderstorms?... I moved to California, in hopes of feeling the ground shake... been living here for 12 years... we had a good one in the Tahoe area, when I lived in Sacramento (wasn't that impressed, but the again I wasn't that near the epicenter)... felt a couple of jolts, up here in Humboldt.... Still waiting to feel the real deal...

,Mike

• wednesday
    wednesday

I love thunderstorms with a lot of lightning. I seem to feel recharged/excited during thunderstorms. .

I too recall thinking that every storm might mean the big A but I told an elder that once and he laughed at me and I said "well it's supposed to happen one day, why not today?" He really had no response, except i could see he thougt it was dumb to think that. so maybe he knows something about how the big A is going to happen he's not telling the rest of us? No, he does not believe the big A is going to happen either.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Open,

You must have been reading my mind (holy spirit done it). I was going to add who is going to be afraid of a thunderstorm anyway after going thru a few earthquakes?!

You want some shaking, come on down to L.A.

I went thru Sylmar, Northridge, Landers and a couple of others whose names I forgot.

Warlock (I aint afraid of no earthquake, either)

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    You want some shaking, come on down to L.A.

yeah Warlock, I want the shaking without the freaks though..., or the tall buildings, and concrete...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit