Thunderstorms: Scare You Now?

by serotonin_wraith 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Not me but my daughter's dog is terrified of them. He is a huge Leonburger and either tries to fit in the tightest place he can find or he stands with his head butting against a wall.like a goat butting someone except he stands still with his head pushing on the wall.

When I was a child we lived in Oakridge Tennessee for a while. If you like storms go there!..

The lightning would come in one window and go out the other!..and the thunder would rock you off your feet.

My brother and I would stuff pillows on our ears and it still rumbled in our head.

I guess because we were in the middle of it being on top a mountain

Now it doesn't bother me but the thought of frying from lightning has crossed my mind now and then.

Snoozy...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Never made me think of Armageddon. But I've always been freaked by lightning because it once struck just a few yards away when I was little. KA-BOOM!!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Well, I wouldn't be outside in a storm, but it's more exciting than not to have a cool storm go by. Geographically speaking, I live in an area that doesn't get strong storms, so storms that come by once or twice a year (like thunder, strong wind, etc) are always fun.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I worry about my hard drives when there's a serious thunderstorm, and I also worry about my basement flooding. That's about it.

W

• FairMind
    FairMind

I am not afraid of thunderstorms when I am in a safe place. Recently though I was riding my bicycle on a rails-to-trails when a really bad electrical storm popped up. No place to hide and I was scared sh..less.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Most of you dont know me, it's been a while... but I went through some stuff and eventually got my family intact from Dubland, and at this time were living with my mum, and all were originally Catholic before... yadada.... and there is thunder and my little girl tells me it's because Jesus and the angels are angry and she was frightened. It was something she heard from my catholic mum! Now I was not very impressed. Surprise. She was 4 at the time, so some possibilities for stories popped into my imagination, but you know I just told her the (only slightly) more boring reality, and the next time it thundered she told me not to be frightened as it was just the clouds rubbing together that makes the lightening that makes the air go bang! At 4! Oh bless.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have always loved rain storms thunderstorms and lightning.

I even have several CD collections of various storms

• parakeet
    parakeet

I love thunderstorms! Love the drama: the ominous buildup, the wild unleashing of wind, rain and lightning, the gentle aftermath of fresh air and rainbows. Whew! Anyone got a cigarette?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Thunder in the middle of the night frightens me. The tornadoes that go along with thunderstorms frighten me. It's been a long time since I associated thunder with Armageddon, at least 25 years.

• nsrn
    nsrn

I have always loved a wild thunderstorm, but I'm not always sensible about when to take cover. Years ago my husband and I were on the local volunteer fire/ambulance service, and now my daughter and son in law are on it. Give any of us an emergency and we are "Johnny on the Spot". Blizzards kind of scare me, though. I've been out in snow, cold and disoriented, and that was frightening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit