You can spend 6 hours at any point in history, where and when would you go?

by nicolaou 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Into the future to bring back the plans for the technology to travel in time AND affect my surroundings

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I'm with LDH, but, instead of my parents I would like to go back and have a six hour lunch with my 17 yr old self. Explain to that cat, things that only I can make him understand.

• LDH
    LDH

You're right, I broke all the rules, but I couldn't help myself.

OK if I'm only observing.

The discovery of medicines.

At an Inca sacrifice of virgins, just to prove to myself that people were stupid enough to believe that throwing virginal women into a cistern to drown and die really 'appeased' the gods.

Who Jack the Ripper really was.

Where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

etc.

• trevor
    trevor

I realize that this is not my thread but I am interested in the direction that peoples minds take them.

Little Toe - The future is not history unless you are Doctor who but as you are a mystic I guess this is permissible

Darth frosty - ‘Explain to that cat’ sorry, ‘You cannot interact with people or the surroundings at all.’

LDH - You seem to have a fascination with death and burial - but you kept the rules this time.

• LDH
    LDH

Trevor, more than death, I have a fascination with mystery.

The FBI is currently looking for Hoffa's grave, and last week there was a show on Discovery that asserted that Jack the Ripper was a Mason of the highest degree.

But OK I'm game. I'd like to be on the sound stage where Neil Armstrong jumped onto the sand dune.

LOL.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I'd like to hang with Noah during worst 6 hours of his time, OR the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve ate from the tree.

Warlock

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I'd want to see the reaction between Neandertal and Homo Sapiens.

There's a bunch of questions in history I'm sure we all have questions to, but that is the most broad that I would like to spend my time. I would've loved to have checked out Woodstock too (even though that's way more than 6 hours).

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

I wouldn't mind seeing the Mayan civilization in all of its pre-Conquest glory--perhaps stop at cities like Chichen Itza, Palenque, & Tikal. It would be great to witness a New Fire ceremony (held once every 52 years) at the pyramids..

DR

(aka Mayan Freak)

• greendawn
    greendawn

I would like to see Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden before their fall to get an idea of what the ambience was like.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I wouldn't mind seeing my Mum and Dad as courting teenagers. I wonder how smooth my old man was? They were dating in the 60's on the tiny island of Cyprus in the Med'.

'Course, 6 hours or not I'd have to clear off if things started heating up, I mean, my Mum and Dad, eeuww!

But cute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit