You can spend 6 hours at any point in history, where and when would you go?

by nicolaou 27 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't think Cyprus though a small country can be called a tiny island being around 3500 square miles in area. It's the third largest in the Med after Sicily and Sardinia.

• kazar
    kazar

I would go back to the day I met Jehovah's Witnesses and not let them in my door. Nevermind. Just realized I would be interacting so I guess I would like to go to the antedeluvian era to observe what the evil angels looked like when they produced the nephilim. (if there ever was such an occurrence.)

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I don't think 6 hrs would be enough for me to really find out more about early christianity, so I'll split up the time to address other matters of interest:

• About 2 hours at Fatima (including the time of the Miracle of the Sun).
    • About 1/2 an hour to 1 hour with Mac Brazel and Jesse Marcel in July 1947 at the Roswell debris field. If there actually was something more than Project Mogul, I'd spend all the rest of the remaining time following the recovered stuff and listening in on whats being said. More realistically, I'd get bored after the first 20 minutes...so....
    • I'd like to spend half of the remaining time listening in on the most recent Presidential briefings and to bring this whole posting full circle...
    • the remaining half will be spent worshipping in silence Madonna (The Material Girl)
  • CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I would allocate my time accordingly, an hour to each:

-I would like to observe Geoffry Chaucer when he finished The Canterbury Tales.
    -I would like to be present at Independence Hall during the signing of the Declaration of Independence.
    -I would like to be present at Appomattox to see Lee surrender to Grant.
    -I would like to see my family before they left Ireland.
    -I would like to see the Titanic, before she set sail.
    -I would also like to observe my parents as teenagers.

CountryGuy

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Six hours - just 1/4 of a day...

I'd like to be around all those little kids in the 1920's photographs of my grandmother. What happy smiling faces and I could play ball with my Nanna.

• DHL
    DHL
    I would like to go back and have a six hour lunch with my 17 yr old self.

Oh yeah, that would be great!

I would also like to watch and listen to Mahatma Gandhi.

And I would like to be at Marilyn Monroes house at the time she died to find what really happened.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Good Question

I think the one where you could see your folks would be cool

I would also like to go to the battle of Stirling Bridge and Bannockburn and see what William Wallace and Robert the Bruce were really like

Oh and maybe go back and see my kids coming into the world again I think I might appreciate it more looking on as an observer who knows what happens

BM

• serendipity
    serendipity

country guy,

I would like to observe Geoffry Chaucer when he finished The Canterbury Tales.

That's very intrigueing, care to explain why?

Like others, I'd like to be present at the parting of the Red Sea and spend most of my time with Jesus. I would also like to have a word with my mother before she married my father, to tell her she was NOT fat regardless of what he said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit