Botox at 25 years old????

by whyamihere 30 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Here I am 25, going on 26(Birthday is on July 12th) and I am thinking about getting Botox. I have been using anti-wrinkle lotions since I was 16. I take care of my skin daily, kind of a freak when it comes to my skin. Anyway, I have found my answer. I got this new product which has some acid in it, washing away the age process. It acts like botox, yet you can move your face.(Yay!)

Its a little under 300 for the whole kit,(3 month supply) so pretty cheap. Well alot cheaper than Botox injections. It works fast, I noticed a huge difference in one night.

Does anyone else use certain products that they swear by? Better yet...Am I nuts?(Don't answer that Butt)

Brooke

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm totally bemused, Brooke. Why would you take that risk with your face? In fact I'm feeling quite squeamish about the idea, and can't figure out why you would even see the need.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I want restalyne one day. I would be too chicken to try a lotion product on my face!!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Sadly, I have a face like a slapped arse, so I have to rely on my brains and personality to get through life. On the upside, all I have to do is use plenty of any moisturiser with a high SPF, drink plenty of water, not smoke, and be overweight (plumps out wrinkles) to maintain my looks.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Kinda like Dolly Parton getting bigger implants...how much cuter does your face need to be?

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Kinda like Dolly Parton getting bigger implants...how much cuter does your face need to be?

You are too sweet Donnie. Well the product I use just makes me look refreshed. Basically, I am maintaining my youthful skin so when I am 40 I don't look a day over 30. I just hear people always saying I wished I took care of my skin better. Also, being a Ex-Dub and having the mother and sister that I have causes you stress. I started going grey at 16. So I make sure that the stress I under go daily doesn't show. Brooke

• Scully
    Scully

Personally, I'm all for looking after your skin. However, I'm just not keen on forking out tons of money on certain products or brands. I don't use expensive products, I've got minimal lines/wrinkles (in my 40s now) and the best tricks I have are 1) keep myself well hydrated and 2) use a good sunscreen. I've never used tanning beds, and I don't go out in the sun without sunscreen of SPF 35 or higher. Now I'm having medical treatments that make me sensitive to sunlight, I use an SPF of 60 on my face and neck and anywhere else that is exposed to the sun.

I've had people tell me recently that they would never have guessed that I was in my 40s... they were thinking late 20s - early 30s.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Maybe I just need it explaining to me how an acid wash wont have a long-term effect on the elasticity of your skin...

• Scully
    Scully

LT, I think the process is that the "acid" (alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy) works to help exfoliate the skin and remove the top layer of dead cells. What's left behind are the new layers of cells. So the skin looks refreshed and rejuvenated.

That's the theory. The elasticity changes come with stretching and decreased muscle tone of the skin as one ages.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Sadly, I have a face like a slapped arse,

RUBBISH! You have a LOVELY face!!

Ian

P.S. When are you bringing the baby round?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit