Botox at 25 years old????

by whyamihere 30 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Brooke, those creams don't do as they claim. Any Dr. will tell you that. My best friends sister is obsessed with her skin. She is always buying creams and such and applying them morning and night. Body creams as well and body oil added to her bath water. She has been doing this since she was a teen and for all she's spent through the years she still loks her age of 42.

I think personally, that the way we age is based on our genes. My mother looks 10 years younger than she is and has never in her life used any type of facial cleaner of cream. Just plain old soap and water.

So, if I were you, I would save my money. You never know what some of that stuff will do to you. It may just make things worse instead of better.

• delilah
    delilah

I think personally, that the way we age is based on our genes.

I agree with wildhorses. My nan had beautiful skin, and she just washed with plain old water, and used an inexpensive skin moisterizer each day. She never really wrinkled either....then again, she stayed out of the sun as much as possible.

...........Dee.....(hoping she takes after her nan )

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I could find LOTS better things to spend $300 on . . . Actually, the Boots No. 7 line from England -- Target is carrying it in Dallas -- works really well on my skin, but I inherited my mother's Greek skin, so it's full of oil in youth but doesn't wrinkle until very late in life. I'm 50 and parts of me are starting to look it, but my face isn't too bad.

I wouldn't do Botox because I don't like the look, but ask me in 10 years . . . it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind!

Nina

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I am the poster child for not paying attention. So you all will get a laugh when I am older and look older. I take a shower and use one of those puffy things with whatever soap is in the bath. I use whatever lotion I have bought on my face like a mint and ucalyptus something and I oil my whole body every day with something like neutrogena or something from the health food store.

Dont get me wrong, I dont use crappy soap in the house so it is never something like a gold bar of dial. I just dont have to rub my face one direction and use this cleanser and that cleanser. I can't keep to a beauty ritual to save my life. I just scrub and go. Simple. I do require a good hair conditioner for my curls and must have that oil.

I've smoked, I drink, I have not excercized steady until lately. I drink coffee, usually exppresso every day. I forget sunscreen; I don't get enough sleep and I carry stress all over my body.

Yep I will be a nasty looking old folk. Or off this planet soon.

But I do eat a lot of veggies and fruit...Does that count? Brook, want to buy a copy of my plan? tee hee

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Sparkplug - I have seen your pictures, and I want to buy the plan!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Girl you so crazy....you look great!

Just make sure to use sunscreen. I didn't for lots of my teen years and had to have some skin cancer burned off. Not fun and you live in the land of hideous ugly until it heals!

Bleck!

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Sparkplug - I have seen your pictures, and I want to buy the plan!

Why you are a sweetheart. Let me see the electric bill says it is 200 dollars this month. How is that?

And Georgia, I am trying to be better at the sunscreen. I never burned when I was younger and I lived in the middle of the dessert. But now, I can be out just a bit and I notice that I am burning very easily.

• DHL
    DHL

What makes it so difficult for women to accept themself? Why are wrinkles and such often seen as personal enemies? I remeber having the same thoughts when I was younger. My thoughts were my enemies. I started to rethink around 30. It was then when I realised that I wouldn't be able to avoid getting older (with all the visible signs of it) no matter how hard I would try to so I better accept it and relax. It took some time for me to cope with that idea but eventually I did.

Now I'm 38 and I have to say that today I feel good with how I look like. Sure, I'm getting older, I get more and more grey hairs, my face doesn't look like a clean white sheet anymore. So what? I can't find anything wrong with that. I want people to take me seriously but how could they if I looked like I've never been through anything? So I'm fine with people reading my face and getting to know me by seing the tears I've cried, the pleasures I have enjoyed, the anger I felt.

Brooke, your children don't love you because you have a face like a little babys botty. They love you because you're you and I hope so does your hubby. So please do yourself a favour. Go and spend the 300 bucks on a great weakend with your loved ones. Enjoy life and forget about the wrinkles. You will get them anyway. You can't run away from them. And you know what: It doesn't matter. After all the only thing that counts is a life well lived.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

A few hours in the direct sun, and I've got a whole new face!

• DHL
    DHL

LOL @ SixofNine

Yeah you're going to look like boiled sausage. And when you stay even longer you're going to look like beautiful black boot polish. And Michael Jackson already showed us how to do it the other way around!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit