Gas Prices

by larc 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Just had a news broadcast from Palatine, a suburb of Chicago. 6.00 a gallon. Gov. Ryan is requesting call-ins of price-gouging! Yeah, right! After it's all over he'll put a stop to it!

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

I talked this morning with the owner of the gas station where my SIL bought his gas yesterday. The owner is going to refund the difference between what he charged and what the others in town were charging yesterday, which was nearly 1.00 per gallon! So it pays to get mad and take action. I wrote to the local news last night about it. And if he hadn't given the money back, I was prepared to file a formal complaint with the State Atty General. Get mad and fight back, America!

RCat

• Stacey
    Stacey

Prices have remained stable in the Bay Area (CA). On Monday, we were at $1.89 a gallon, today we are at the same.

We shall see if it remains....

Stacey

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

Some stations in Cleveland, Ohio were starting to charge upwards of $4 per gallon. The Mayor of Cleveland put out a cease and desist order last night, in which they ordered them to either lower their prices to under $2 per gallon or to turn off their station lights. If they didn't comply, their station entrances were blocked by Cleveland Police and no customers allowed to enter. In addition, a formal complaint re: them would be lodged with the Attorney General and they would be submitted for license revocation.

I thought this was great! And I'm *not* a big Mike White supporter...

Cheers,
    Reagan

I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

what?!!.......the price is the same in Jersey and in NYC
    parts of brooklyn have just been opened up to the outside world
    NYC is still the best place in the world despite the tragedy

• Winston
    Winston

I think you can be arrested for jacking up the prices to take advantage of a crises.

• alirobbi
    alirobbi

I live in a small NE Kansas town and one of the stations immediately went up to 2.69. All the other stations remained at the same price. When the owner was contacted he said he was taking precautions and getting prepared for what was to come. So someone called the Att. Generals office and she issued a statement that anyone guaging the consumers would be fined up to 10,000 bucks.

The guy that raised his prices is also a city commisioner and he got caught**LOL** So he issued a statement that he guess he just overreacted and would refund money to anyone who paid the high price. The Att. General says she is still going to fine the guy.

Here he is someone who the citizen's put their trust in by electing him and he not only exploited yesterdays tragedy he abused the trust of the people who elected him. I called him this morning and told him, ya know I have been a loyal customer for 5 yrs but guess what, from now on, even if I have to pay higher prices at another station you will never see another dime of my money. Not even for a bottle of soda and I will help campaign for anyone who wants to run against you in the next election. All he could do was stutter on the other end of the phone.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

No changes here in Dallas, TX - just as expensive as ever! Haha!

Andi

• DIM
    DIM

price outside of Philadelphia is still between $1.39 and $1.50. there seems to be isolated incidents all over the country, but there will be a gas price freeze within the next couple of days.

• larc
    larc

The Govenor of Ohio has issued a mandate that gas stations that over charged must give a refund. I think that can help if you paid with a credit card and therefore have proof. It seems to me that if you paid cash, you are stuck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit