Gas Prices

by larc 30 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

We have been informed in Dayton that gas prices will go up by midnight by 4 dollars a gallon. I hope this is another false alarm, but I am filling up in either case.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

A friend of mine said that in Mich they have already went up to 4 there.

• Stacey
    Stacey

Does anyone know if this is true?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

My son and and his family just called me by cellphone from the midwest, they have been sitting in the gas line for over an hour and think they will be there for at least that much more. Gas is already four dollars a gallon. It may have someting to do with the closing of the ports and non-servicing of the delivery tankers. What we have is what we've got.

dungbeetle...cleaning up the crap.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Yep here it goes, those who race to take advantage of the american people, yes the gas salesmen and of course others in the coming days will do thier part to rip and gouge the common man. I can't believe that anyone of them had to pay so much that it would cause them to raise gasoline prices up to $4.00 per gallon, I also hear rumors that the gas in Lawton Ok was $5.00 per gallon. Sheer bs I hope, if not this will economically wreck at lot of people who arent steeped in stockpiled money in some bank. Buff

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I live in a small southern town.
    My vehicle was on empty so I decided to go fill up this afternoon.I went to WalMart to get the cheapest gas and was surprised to see every one else had the same idea.It was crazy!I decided to go somewere else thinking it was just busy there because school had just let out.I was wrong!Every gas station in town was packed out!Gas prices haden't gone up yet.
    I drove to a smaller community on the way home thinking it would be better there.I was wrong.I got in line and waited and waited.I finally got to the pump and they had just run out of regular grade unleaded so I had to cash out and start over with the medium grade.They were running out of it too.It got very slow at the end just like the other had.Its been like this all evening I hear from my neighbors.I'm also hearing rumers of 5.00 gas in a larger city about 30 miles away.
    Ranchette

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

THAT'S IT! i'm moving to egypt

• Southland
    Southland

Crazy! Here in Los Angeles, prices have been stable. Just the usual number of people getting gas too. The fluctations in gas prices has always been a sore subject for me. Everytime someone in the middle east hiccups, prices go up immediately and take forever to come down.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

didn't see any gas rush in Macon, GA today. I hope that's just a quick panic that will go away. Just think about all the gas stations run by arabs and what will happen if gas prices do skyrocket.
    (at this point, I really don't like them)
    mike.

• chappy
    chappy

Still $1.40 in upstate SC

chappy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit