My first time running from the COPS!

by Kudra 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

If only you'd had a gun. You could have nipped the whole thing in the bud right there!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

'Jaywalking' is basically anything involving walking tha a traffic cop wants to site you for. It depends greatly from state to state.

I don't like bicycle cops one bit. They are traffic cops with a major arrogant attitude who often make things up as they go along. I once got a ticket for running a red light when it was green the whole time. Here in Texas, many traffic cops have quotas to fill leaving me to wonder how many bogus tickets are issued.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Simon, those laws are in place so our large cars won't turn you into road kill. A Ford F150 isn't a Mini Cooper.

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

You teaser Kudra

Seriously though, what if they caught you in an isolated underground carpark?

Safer to take your chance with armed hooligans in public I think.

I only got to run from the cops once on a motorbike, I was two weeks too young to get my licence. Always ready for a challenge they got reinforcements and took me out head on. A shortened leg gives me a healthy respect for earthly authority.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Bicycle cops are the cops that don't know how to ride the motorcycles. Haha!!! We saw a cop on a little 250cc motorcycle today, it sounded like such a toy compared to the bikes the cops around here usually ride. (Big ol Goldwings!) I said to my husband that he was going to go boss around the bicycle cops because the REAL motorcycle cops would laugh at him on that little scooter...

• Highlander
    Highlander

In downtown Los Angeles, if you cross when the light says "do not cross" despite the fact that the green light is in your favor, you will STILL get a ticket.

Apparently you can only cross when the pedestrian light gives the 'cross' sign.

I was with a customer in downtown, and he refused to cross the street with me unless the pedestrian light was on. He informed me he had received a jay-walking ticket

the week prior to our meeting.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

GRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOWLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I can feel the massive adrenaline rush of pure raw anti-establishment rebellion power from here!!!!

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I was intrigued to read this thread.

From my one and only visit to the US, I realise that pedestrians are often regarded as nuisances at best and pests at worst.

But I had not realised that in some places it is illegal to cross the road other than at specified places or in accordance with signals. Is this true? If so, all I can say (with incrdelulity) is Land of the Free???

• Mary
    Mary
    the city just got a $17,000 grant to ticket pedestrians and bikes. Ya know, never mind fighting actual violent crime...

Ya, I know how you feel. About a month ago, I was on my way to work when I got a speeding ticket. The normal route was under construction so instead of turning left (where the speed limit is 80km/hr), I turned right. It's a paved country road with very few houses and I didn't notice that the speed limit was only 50km/hr. So there up ahead is a cop and he nailed me going 68 kms in a 50 km/hr zone. He wouldn't reduce it, which means I would lose 2 points, and the fine was $110.00!!! I couldn't believe it.......so now I have to go to court to try and fight this stupid thing. It's stuff like this that makes people dislike cops. If they want to catch speeders, they should go out onto Hwy 401 (the business highway in North America) and nab someone doing 180 kms/hr in a 100/km/hr zone. Why they have to try and nail honest citizens who are not driving dangerously or overly fast on their way to work in the morning is beyond me.........

This "ticketing" pedestrians has nothing to do with making the roads safer----it's just another money grab.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance
    This "ticketing" pedestrians has nothing to do with making the roads safer----it's just another money grab.

I totally agree. They try to disguise it as making the roads safer. Have they ever heard of darwinism? If you are too dumb to look both ways and get creamed then its your own fault.

I hate how law enforcement wastes money on small stuff like this when there are bigger problems like gangs, rapists, murderers, and child predators.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit