My first time running from the COPS!

by Kudra 26 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"all I can say (with incrdelulity) is Land of the Free???"

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Cool story! Ironic that I was listening to Judas Priest's "Breaking The Law" while I read it.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Is there reward for yor capture?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    It the "Land of the Free" first and foremost for middle to upper class White property owners. They were and always will be the most valued citizen in America. Everyone else's freedom is merely relative to the freedom of these afore-mentioned.

Oh Puh-leeeeze.... go post this on a a pre-1970's forum. If you live in L.A. (where I live) it's a bonus not to be white or middle class.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    If you live in L.A. (where I live) it's a bonus not to be white or middle class.

I'm just curious, what is the majority population in L.A.?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"If you live in L.A. (where I live) it's a bonus not to be white or middle class."

Are you angry because Hispanics finally got their own mayor?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

White 4,637,062 48.7%
    Black or African American 930,900 9.8%
    Hispanic or Latino (of any race) 4,242,213 44.6%

Those are the stats for LA from AmericanFactFinder (US Census Bureau).
    I didn't mean to start an argument here - but my point was that historically White male landowners are the most priveleged - i.e. have the most rights. If you study up on land use law and prevelant zoning ordinances you can see how easy it is to enact exclusionary policy and favor middle-class White property owners. It all goes back to a little something called the "Jeffersonian Ideal" with our good racist friend, Thomas Jefferson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit