My Friend is dying

by oldflame 32 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Old Flame... are you able to go and see him? So sorry for his and your pain.

• hubert
    hubert

Sorry to hear about your good friend, Oldflame.

Hubert

• carla
    carla

I'm sorryHow would he want you to celebrate his life? Go fishing and remember him.

• blondie
    blondie

I have always hated hospitals and funerals. But I have always gone to visit friends at the hospital sometimes just to sit and listen, sometimes to share my thoughts, sometimes just to hold their hand so they know they aren't alone.

The only moment we know we have is this one, the one we live in.

Just be as much help as you can be spiritually, emotionally, practically, to your friend and his family.

Blondie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

oldflame So sorry to hear that. Take care

Linda

• mouthy
    mouthy

It hurts so bad.

Yes darling it must at this time... But it is YOU that is suffering so, IF your friend goes home ,HE has finished HIS course!!! NO pain, no tears, no suffering... But YOU my dear friend will have to finish YOURS still crying for him >Just read Psalms 126:5
    I am so sorry!!! I have lost 3 children to death ...... Time helps you understand why!!! Keep your chin up( HUGS)

• oldflame
    oldflame
    Old Flame... are you able to go and see him?

This is what leaves me with guilt. Three years ago I moved to Wyoming, Tom and Helen were living in Colorado. They had talked me into moving to Wyoming as they were also going to do the same. So I moved there. I waited for two years for them to move there from Colorado while they sold there home there. Well things were not so rosy there in Wyoming and I was offered my old job back with better benefits if I moved back to California. So I did. Three months after I moved back to Cali. They had finally sold there home in Colorado and moved to Wyoming. I didn't think they were ever going to sell and move up. Helens brother is one of my best friends and this is how we all became close friends. So it is 1100 miles to where they live from me and I can't go there just as of yet for a pleasure trip.

The doctors say there is no chance of him pulling through so I will be going for a funeral.

I want to thank each of you for your comfort, I need this right now. I can't remember this ever hurting as much as this one is. I learned a lot about fishing over the years with Tom, He loved to fish. I am grateful to have had such a great friend and a brother.

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( old flame )))

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

OldFlame ,

I'm sorry. There is no easy way to deal with the loss of a dear friend. Grieve however you feel the need to. Vent if you want, or not.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((oldflame)))

Don't be too hard on yourself about the move, I'm sure your friends wouldn't want that.

Take care. Praying for you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit