My Friend is dying

by oldflame 32 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

Two weeks ago a very dear friend of 20 years had a heart attack. He went to the hospital and they inserted three stents. We all thought he was going to do well afterwards. They sent him home after about a week in the hospital. He came home and never got out of bed. I thought that was strange as most people who get stents to open the ateries will feel like a new person.

He would not eat but drank plenty of fluids, but when he urinated it was like a mayonaise like substance, so his wife had him admitted again. We learned that his kidneys shut down so they put him on dyalisis. Four days ago we were told that he was going to come out of intensive care and would pull through. I praised the Lord for answered prayers. Today we was told that he would not live more than the next couple of days.

He told Helen(his wife) that to let him go home that they were waiting for him. The nurse called helen this mourning and told her that if the family wants to see him alive that they had better come to the hospital. This is very hard for me as he was like a brother to me. I have been involved in this family for 20 years. We have all been through it all together and have had some awesome times together. I cannot hold back the tears as I will miss my dear beloved fishing buddy. It hurts so bad. It's funny how even though you know it's a good thing to go home (to heaven) and it still cuts you like a knife.

I don't know about others but death comes to me in threes and so I think about who else is next ? I hurt inside so bad.

• damselfly
    damselfly

((OLdFlame))

I have never lost anyone close to me and I dread the day that I do. I don't know if we can ever be prepared to handle death?
    I hope he goes peacefully and I'm sorry you are hurting.

Dams

• In Between
    In Between

My condolences. I haven't lost anyone close in a long, long time, but I can sympathize with your pain. When the end does come, allow yourself to grieve but also try to be there for the family. They will appreciate it and it will help you through it.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I'm sorry ofr your hurt

• lola28
    lola28

(((Oldflame))) I'm so sorry, if you ever need to talk feel free to pm me, k?

Lola

• oldflame
    oldflame

lola, Thanks so much. All I can do right now is cry. I try to play my guitar to ease the pain and I think it just hurts more.

Thank you also to everyone else, You guys are awesome people here on the board. My love goes to all of you. God Bless

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am sorry , Oldflame,

To lose somebody who is so close and for it to happen in that way is so hard . No trite expressions from me, just my empathy...

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sorry to hear that about your intimate friend, it's bad enough to get one serious health problem but to get a second one at almost the same time that is more than the fair share of bad lack.

• Undecided
    Undecided

My good friend had a heart attack and his kidneys quit working also but he survived it and is now home doing good. I hope the doctors are wrong and your friend can survive. Wishing your friend good luck.

Ken P.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I'm truly sorry about your friend OldFlame. Growing up it always seemed like deaths came in threes indeed. It was pretty scary. Still is. Knowing that they are going to be in a better place is good, but it still hurts knowing that they won't be with you any longer. I hope that you are able to surround yourself with loving support as you go through this.

Many thoughts

BSoM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit