Great to hear the good news.

Love, Blondie

• rassillon
    rassillon

Very good to hear. I am happy for you. -r

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Good for you!

It's so true that you don't know what you've got till it's gone!

I'm glad you got back together before it was too late.

I was married to a JW and I too was disassociated. We had some ups and downs..but we loved each other and learned to live with our differences. It got kinda rough at the end but I think that was because hubby was getting cancer. I'm so glad we had 45 years together..witness or not.You can't turn off the love just because they are JW's..and vice versa.

I miss him terribly ..he's been gone for 3 years now. I think if I could have him back I would even go to the KH with him. Death puts a lot of things in perspective. Some things seem so trivial after that.(Religious arguments)

So don't push each other to change..and be nice to each other..While you still have each other..it sure gets lonely when they're gone...

Snoozy ....

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

CLAW! HOORAY, your marriage is back, congratulations.

Same with the study, I've just started a business degree, it's hard work but so great to be thinking again.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Im glad you guys are trying again. It says a lot on both parts that your love for each other is "bigger" than this devisive religion and the havoc it wreaks on families and couples. I married a JW and was a JW too, and I DAd in 1997 and after some really rough times we have finally settled into a workable groove and have been married for 19 years now. However the subject of religion and beliefs has become this big pink elephant in the living room that nobody mentions is there. We have just learned to walk around it and live with its existence.

hugs to you both

Loves

• mouthy
    mouthy

So don't push each other to change..and be nice to each other..While you still have each other..it sure gets lonely when they're gone...

Snoozy ....

Well said Snoozy My sentiments exactly...... So happy for you Iron

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

((((IronClaw)))) (<--- hearty, manly hug )

I am so glad to hear this. Isn't it amazing how at the depths of depression you cannot even begin to see how good your life can become in a very short while? Thank you for being an example of strength and resolve.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings again IC,

Glad to hear your tidings of great joy! Thanks for the update. I wuz wonderin' where you you wuz.

Cheers

Dismembered

• sspo
    sspo

I'm glad it's working out for you. My hell is just beginning, 26 years of marriage, almost divorced last year until we finally decided to get back and give it another try this year.

Now i'll have to meet with the elders and tell them about my spirituality and doubts about the WTS, 1914, 1995 generation change,Malawy/Mexico,and on and on and my wife will be there.

I do feel sorry for my wife because she has already lost 13 members of her family, "apostasy" and some just left the truth and even though some are not disfellowshipped she won't talk to them, now her husband, is going thru the same thing, she cannot accept it because out of 31 y. in the truth i was an elder and how could that happen.

Do i lie to the elders in order to keep my wife and fake it,how long can i last? But i well know she cannot love an " apostate" and live with one.

There you go another family down the drain because of 1 cor. 5:10,11

I love my wife but she will leave because she has to stay faithful to Jah's earthly organization.

How in the world could i have beleived it for 31 years and enforced it and went after those that saw the light about the organization before i did. I do apoligize but we have been all victims.

Any wisdom from anyone who has been thru the same thing with wife.( fortunately kids are grown and out of the house)

Thanks

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi sspo & welcome!

I don't have any specific advice - since I'm on the fringes and haven't left, but I'm sure others will chime in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit