Update Update

by RichieRich 41 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Well, It's cold in Alaska.

I'm on a billion dollar boat with a dial up internet connection, and a, well, boat load of asians.

God, those people photograph EVERYTHING. I took my shoes off in the gym, and I had like sixteen little asian girls looking at them. Oh, the stories I could tell....

The funniest thing is watching my grandfather communicate with the foreign staff. He has a deep, southern drawwwl. Those little norwegian girls haven't the slightest clue what he's saying. Its alrigh though.

We went into Skagway today, and rode into the White Pass, and the Yukon territory. Yeah, it was pretty much cooler than anything you've ever done.

And then!!! when we were on this bus on the way back, we drove by a Kingdom Hall. The six rows in front of me jumped with joy, and Started chatting amongst themselves. I leaned forward and asked the woman in front of me how many of them were witnesses. She responded that there was a group of about 46 on the boat. Then she asked how I knew??? So I just told her I was raised a witness and that my mom was still a witness... (not mentioning that I'm a fire breathing, baby eating, cycloptic mongloid apostate). So she asked if I noticed a difference being out (expecting me to respond with rheotoric about never should've left, etc.) but I responded, yeah- there's some big differences, I like it so much better being out. I just wish that my mom still spoke to me. Then rolled her eyes, and told her husband to offer me a bible study. I told him no, and asked how he was making his meetings and field service time on a cruise, especially in the times of the last days! He said it was ok, that the group was going over the text in the mornings, blah blah blah, and I just shrugged and said, well everybody's accountable for themselves. That ended that conversation.

So imagine my suprise when the elevator stopped at my floor, and there's a whole damn elevator full of DUBS!!! I just took the stairs.

Richie out

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Yeah, it was pretty much cooler than anything you've ever done.

Who says?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Yeah, it was pretty much cooler than anything you've ever done.

Who says?

Exactly! Nothing cool (except the temperature) about being trapped in icy seas surrounded by Dubs! I think my tropical cruise in New Caledonia was much cooler.

BTW, great to see you posting, Richie! Hope you're handling things okay.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Awesome Richie, keep us updated and when you get a chance, pictures please thnx

• wednesday
    wednesday

lol RR dubs are everywhere

if you are not careful, that sister and elder who offered you a bible study (how cute so they could count time while on a cruise), well, they may decide that since you mom won't speak to you they may also have to shun you. then you'd have a boatload of jws shunning you.

This could be interesting,depending on if there are some teen dubs who might want to have some fun on the cruise.

This must be popular among the dubs, a cruise to alaska, b/c several around here have done it. Is someone in a travel agent a jws and fixing them up with discount tickets? code word : jws

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is nothing like travelling slowly by ship with lots of good friends and entertainment, music and dancing, so enjoy it to the full.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"And the man of dog Richie went forth to the Yukon and there did dwell with the Noachin tribes of the deluge. Whereupon he did cast his eyes abroad and see that the tribe was mighty and excited in the presence of their god. Therefore Richie cast forth aspersions in a loud voice, demanding the name of the tribe to wit that he should enquire for how they worshipped in such times of deportment. And lo, the word went forth and did not return to him void, for that which was pleasure turned to dust, that which was heaven turned to hell", and the stairway of Jacob became a burden to his very soul."

Book of LT chapter 3, verse 5-9

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Did you bring some Watchtower money to share? Sounds like you're having a blast, thanks for checking in.

lisa

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Dear Richie

We have not corresponded before, but I feel that I may be able to offer some advice.

The correct way to approach Scandinavian or Asian ladies is as follows.

Richie: 'You look attractive. Do you have any American in you?'

Lady: 'No, I don't think so.'

Richie: 'Would you like some?'

Let me know how this approach works.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Brilliant to hear from you Richie ! Sounds like you are having a blast and I loved your comments to the dub dude about getting his ministry accompished on a cruise! LOL! Wish you could come to the UK - get the boat turned around!

(LT - very funny scriptural depiction there - I needed to crack a grin.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit