Their Armageddon Faith Born From Desperation....

by metatron 50 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

Synergy, wow...
    just... wow.
    I'm so sorry.

• Synergy
    Synergy

Thanks A.S. I appreciate the support.

• Synergy
    Synergy

Thanks to you too Under Believer. The people of "the world" are so much more loving than our uh, Brotherhood. cough.

• willyloman
    willyloman

No one's pointed this out yet, so I will:

The LA Times is considered one of the best newspapers in the U.S. So once again, we have an example of a media giant running a story about Armageddon and quoting every whack job religious group except one... that's right, JWs are not even mentioned in a major story on religious groups who expect the End to come soon.

Newsweek ran a cover story which took up most of the magazine about two years ago, asking if Armageddon was about to come... they interviewed religious leaders from every corner of society, except one... JWs were not even mentioned.

Isn't it interesting that JWs, who claim to have effectively preached that "the end is coming" for 120 years, have made virtually no impression on society as a whole or on the media that covers the trends that impact the culture? Isn't ironic that you can ask hundreds of people what they know about JWs and none of them will mention Armageddon or the dub belief that we are living in the last days?

The JW witness work has been a colossal failure. They have failed to make any impact on the very culture they so vehemently condemn. How is this a "warning to the nations"?

• metatron
    metatron

In regard to recent rumors about Armageddon, I would strongly say NO, they aren't going to make any clear statement that gets

themselves in trouble about predicting the End. Why so?

First and foremost because the organization is being run by committee. Take a good look at Herd's comments about an hour argument

over picking a theme scripture. A real hard announcement might require a 2/3 vote, besides. Sudden and dramatic moves are generally

the product of a single dictator - like Hitler in the Battle of the Bulge - and not a committee, which by nature will water everything down

into safe ambiguities.

Read Herd's comments carefully and ask yourself: Do these blind old men realize what's really going on? Do they really feel threatened?

Do they seem panicked about the organization? I would say no. While worried, I don't think we're at that stage yet, in regard to most

of the Governing Body. Jehovah's going to jump in and save them, you see.

My hope is that they start making huge mistakes, based on their blind and dumb outlook. Herd's comments are very encouraging

in that regard.

metatron

• nowisee
    nowisee

synergy -- my heart goes out to you. you have every right to be enraged at the wts and its evil system. i hope you have found peace in your new life.

• Terry
    Terry

People who say they live by "faith" (which may well be true) have a problem.

Everybody is stuck inside the real world. Reality can intrude on our delusions, illusions and wishful thinking.

For example, we can have an accident, an illness or experience a tragedy (like flooding or hurricane) which snaps us out of our dreamworld.

What then?

The rest of the time we can hide from the cruel realities of real world living by seeking refuge in a dreamworld shared by others who maintain a similar illusion.

Here is my theory:

People who live with invisible proof about their inner world crave some actual event which will demonstrate to themselves and everybody else that what is merely "believed" is TRUE.

I think this is the source of DATE-SETTING and ARMAGEDDON PREDICTIONS.

Even the Watchtower moguls need reassurance to feed their sanity.

By making a prediction of a faith-event they subconsciously make effort to PUSH THE DELUSION INTO REAL WORLD REALITY.

It is like bribing the fantasy into popping into actuality.

Charles Manson and his followers and David Koresh and his followers were pushed into activity that would reinforce their leader's delusional construct about the events which had been predicted in an effort to make it come true.

I don't see FDS members being immune from such a push themselves.

• trevor
    trevor

The Watchtower Society teaches that Armageddon is a literal battle and an execution. Anyone not protected by association with them is to be executed. This is to include the children of non-Witnesses. Many Witnesses will also be killed, because they are constantly being reminded that only those who are “whole-souled” will be spared.

Fear of such a death is the reason for many members staying in line. The threat of death at Armageddon is a constant feature of Watchtower literature and a major control method due to the high level of fear it creates among the membership:

“May we never be tempted to venture into the danger zone for whatever reason our mind might come up with, since the day we cross the line back into the world could be the day of Jehovah.” (Watchtower - 15 February 2000 – Page 7)

• kid-A
    kid-A

I really dont know. I see the GB and Watchtower "Politboro" leading very comfortable, insulated lives. They run a corporate empire. The organization is worth billions based on the sweat and sacrifice of the toiling drones that have put their own lives on hold for the sake of the corporation.

If I was in the Brooklyn elite, I doubt I would want armageddon to arrive anytime soon. Why would I want to lose my perks, my power? Its the powerless R+F scrubbing toilets whilst pioneering that are the ones eager for the illusory paradise.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Synergy,

I am at a loss for words!! What a nightmare!! I am so sorry for what you have gone through!!! My heart truely goes out to you!! After being through what you have, yet you still have faith, faith in Jesus, is very faith strengthening. You didn't blame God for the evil done to you. You will be rewarded for your faithfulness, you can have confidence in that!! Thank you for your post! And hang in there, we are always here for you!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit