Golden Age Goodies

by Leolaia 279 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sir82
    sir82
    menstrual derangements

If I ever start a band, I'm going to name it The Menstrual Derangements.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

GAG #33: Fred Franz and the Chinamen

*** g27 8/10 p. 731 Growing Up in a New World on Earth [by F. W. Franz] ***

HAVE you ever seen a Chinamen? Some of you have not. In the large cities you generally see them in the Chinese laundry shops or in chop-suey houses. You can tell them at once! They look different from what we Americans do. Their skin is rather yellow, and I remember the time when Chinamen used to wear their hair in a long braid down their backs. We boys nicknamed these "pigtails", and thought we had great sport in making fun of those pigtails. But really we were not polite. Nowadays the Chinamen who come in this country cut these hair "pigtails" off.

Oh, those exotic funny-lookin' Chinamen! The same article also promised young kids of the 1920s that they would grow up in an earthly paradise:

*** g27 8/10 p. 729-733 Growing Up in a New World on Earth [by F. W. Franz] ***

WHAT boy or girl does not like to think of growing up? From the time children are still very young, and yet old enough to notice big people and what they do, little folks try to imitate grown ups. They hear or read stories about grown-up people who made great names for themselves or who did wonderful things. It sets them to dreaming about the golden time coming when they too will be grown up and not be under the thumb of other grown ups, but when they can be independent (as they call it) and do wonderful things....

I remember how afraid I was as a boy of the end of the world. When many grown ups were scared that the end of the world was very near, I was frightened, too; and I tried to live oh! so good, thinking I would go to heaven if the earth should be burned up. Really though, you boys and girls and all of us can be glad that the world is coming to an end; for it means that all these bad, hard times and wicked things that we now have and everyone has had since Adam did wrong are going to pass away, and that the best times we have ever had on earth are going to come in and come to stay for ever....

Since the things are happening today that Jesus told us about, we know that we are right at the very doorstep of the new world, the world to come. We are moving into the new world. If you try to learn about God in the Bible and try to please Him, you may never die, but move right on into the new world fully and then never have to die.

Think about keeping on living to see these good times come in! Think too, of growing up in the new world on earth! Doesn't it make you feel like throwing your hat up into the air and shouting out, "Hurrah"! Doesn't it make you love God more?

Let's see, a child of about age 10 reading that article in 1927 would today be around 93 years old.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore