BANNED FROM COLD CALLING in SCOTLAND

by DannyHaszard 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The scheme is about people not approaching anyone's house without a prior arrangement. It is an advisory scheme and is not enforceable and we are just inviting people to co-operate.

This absurd! First they say that this new action is intended to stop criminals, but then they say it is an "advisory scheme" that is not enforceable and "are just inviting people to co-operate".

Do they seriously think the criminals will volunteer to co-operate with the idea of not scamming people at the door?????

How STUPID do they think people are????? They are trying to create a pseudo law that will placate the population while not producing a lawsuit from the Watchtower Society.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It won't stop the jws. They won't voluntarily stop knocking on doors, and if anyone tries to make them stop they will see it as persecution. It would be fun if it restricted them a bit though.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dozy:I have written what I have written...

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Think everyone,think out of the box Jehovah's Witnesses have been cold calling for 100 years nobody in my milieu and associations cold calls even my best friend and lover calls me and give's me a heads up on her arrivals.

BTW this news link (click at first post) is the highest ranked JW news worldwide they have an easy one step register join in the fray and see how foul mouth the J-dub trolls are.

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

The Witnesses love to play the persecuted martyrs. This is right up their alley. The GB will lay back safe in their Brooklyn Bethel rooms while the publishers in Scotland take it on the chin.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I expect the Watchtower will fight this - after all, it is their bread and butter.

I sent the paper a copy of the Curtis Shane Thompson flyer from a couple of years ago.

You can download that flyer from http://www.savefile.com/files/7524650

• dozy
    dozy
    LT:I have written what I have written...

So you do support a complete governmental ban in Scotland of any door to door evangelizing activity by religious groups , including the churches that you are involved with as well (assuming that any is actually undertaken!) You have developed some interesting viewpoints over the years , LT!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't think any liberal should be pleased about such a move - no matter how one views the merits or otherwise of the Watchtower Society's message.

Slim

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dozy:You haven't a clue, have you?

First off, the ban isn't targeting JWs. They happen to be affected by a Local Authority scheme to reduce crime associated with all cold-calling, including that of Window salesmen, but excluding Political candidates. To think that it's some kind of religous persecution is egocentric and dumb, IMHO.

Secondly, what do you know of the efforts of Evangelical churches? Your comment indicates that it's about he same as any other JW... nadda. In other words you're ignorant of the details of the very subject that you're attempting to rouse up controversy over.

So you appear to present a view that is egocentric and ignorant. Tell me, would you reply to such a post, if faced with it?

• kid-A
    kid-A

"They happen to be affected by a Local Authority scheme to reduce crime associated with all cold-calling, including that of Window salesmen"

LT, methinks this ban will severely curtail your door-to-door "Haggis and Drambuie" delivery service!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit