I tackled that beast!! Beat it to a bloody pulp...

by Sparkplug 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

It is BS in BA. I think that is how it is said. I don't know, I just show up for class and have heated discussions with people. I tend to get an attitude and therefore you kind folk here do not have to deal with my arguing self. For I do it all at school. Prehaps I should save some up?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I've got the qualifications they can't be taken from me in the same way a job can be taken away; that they should increase my earning potential; and that they should help me clamber up the ranks of my chosen career.

very well stated oh sexy pole dancer. If all else fails you can fall back on your bartop days!!

mmmmhhhh psychology,, I drool. I turn green and drool!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Great news Sparkplug, congratulations!!!

All the very best with whatever you decide to do.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

My heart swells with pride for you and your big 'ol degree. (Jealousy alert, Jealousy alert)!! I just think that is such a great accomplishment and say go for the whole enchilada!! Brains and beauty...what a combination. GIRL POWER, GIRL POWER!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! cathy l.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The equivalent of my first two years were in Computer Studies, the third was in Management and not totally bad. For this fourth year I'm loving the Psychology, but the PostGrad Management studies are deathly dull

The idea of continuing on with the MBA is filling me with dread, but I could double my earning potential if I then switched to the private sector.

The only positive about losing the social life has been that I don't spend much (other than on a little travel). I finally paid off all my schooling last month, so at least I don't have that hanging over me

You should seriously consider the job offer, if you're at all interested in the work. If you can haggle for reduced schooling fees it could make a world of difference! Besides, you could still moonlight on the side with the photography, couldn't you?

~heads back to the pole~

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh and I started to name each and every one of you. But I have a really short memory and I did not want to flip back and forth beween screens and cut and paste and then all my typos. I really have to say, yes it does feel good. And if there is anyone thinking they cannot do it, let this be proof. If I can get there, you can too. Itf that is where you want tobe, then you will do it. Here were my situations I had to get thru while doing this:

Aftershock of a bankrupcy due...(here comes number two)

to a bad divorce

3 children at 3 different schools. (Or daycares)

single parent with a single budget.

starting a new business with no prior knowledge of the business, let alone business

refinancing a home

an aging and unstable mother who decided to come move in and now lives in the area.

The death of two very close loved ones.

I think I was in depression for a bit, but I actually went and got some meds. They did not string me out, nor did they candy coat everything. They just made me more reasonable about how I felt about things. Perhaps gave me a few steps before my reaction came.

A big obstacle was my under-education. I quit at age 14. and home schooled with no direction. (Pretty much I opened the book, turned to the answers and faked it all as one does a Thursday night talk.) If someone had taken an interest or gave direction I could have gotten so much more out of it all. I see Hemplover and SixofNine schooling their daughter and I know it can be a success.

So although I should have been somewhat fresh out of school, I actually had been out of school on a steady basis for 18 or so years.

I had that adult attention thing...Whats the name? (I forgot) And to top it all off I finally looked into PTSD. Once I learned that is what it was, things got better.

It may sound silly, but as a JW I always thought about what I could have accomplished with Thursday, Tuesday and Sundays, Saturday Hours. Then when I got out, and was in my early 20's I thought life was over. Two kids and a small job. I thought pretty much I had sealed my fate. Then one day I thought to myself..."what the HELL is wrong with you?" I told myself if I could sit on the computer, watch TV, sit through meetings...I could easily sit thru class. I also looked at my family and thought to myself, we have nobody. Noone. So how do you change that. Get active! So I got active in the community, and active at school. Active at my kids school. And although it is not a bed of roses, I do feel better about myself now.

I strongly urge all of you to go after what you want. Go after it hard. Because in my head the only difference between people that have and people that have not. Is one got out of bed and went to the gitt'ing store and got it!

That is all. Now just to actually go to school for something I love.....I am trying to work on a way to make it happen. Maybe something more creative..

oh and HadEnuf, you make my ears turn red.

• Es
    Es

Many many congrats hun,

I so wish i lived closer i would have loved to have come to your graduation

es

• luna2
    luna2

Congratulations, Sparky!!! You are awesome!

• wednesday
    wednesday

that was a very inspiring story. I am so proud for you. You deserve this, and more.

I hope stilla will read this. It will help her.

• Mary
    Mary
    It is 5000 less than I make in a year, but I do need to know about the benefits. If free college is one of them.. Then I am in.

Hey hon, as I said in my PM, free tuition is offered to staff at every university/college I know of. Plus you should get excellent health and dental benefits for you and your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit