CAT or DOG - Why?

by hamsterbait 43 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    What is more, look at all the animal movies/animated films. Observe how many times the cat is the antagonist, eg. Lady tthe Tramp, An American Tail.

To rebutt, Sir, I offer you Seargent Tibbs from 101 Dalmations, and all of the Aristocats LOL

I stand rebutted, however you have to admit that the Siamese cats in Lady & the Tramp were EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-VIL personified, yes?

• Fleur
    Fleur

absolutely...they remind me of some elders wives I've known.

:)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Cats and dogs are good for people who can't handle birds.

W

• evergreen
    evergreen

I used to have a cat that S**t all over the house , but he wasnt feeling to good for a number of years . I think he had bowel trouble . But boy i loved that cat and to this day we still tell storys about the antics he got up to.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    Cats and dogs are good for people who can't handle birds.

Birds are cool.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

This is the difference:

A dog gives you his best. A cat gives you nothing, only takes.

I'm a dog person and this is my dog - he gives me his best every day!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I love both! I have a cat since I prefer to have a house before owning a dog--which I look forward to!

All my life, I have been a dog lover and cat liker. I never knew how much I'd love having a cat! That's my baby.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I love both but I'm allergic to cats. We have a basset hound named Moose who is a lot of work and a lot of fun. He sleeps on his back with his "naughty bits" hangin' out for the world to see, head thrown back, ears everywhere. He's discovered the joys of drinking out of the toilet (so we have to be careful and put the seat down). He "forgets" his housebreaking training if we aren't fast enough to the back door. He counter surfs. He sheds. He drools.

And he is very much a part of the family (not that any of the rest of us drink out of the toilet, mind you). Wherever we are, he comes over and has to sit on someone's foot and snuggle up. When I put Jackson to bed, Moose climbs up and lies down next to him and I read both of them a story. When the kids are sad, Moose is there to nuzzle them and let them know they are loved. When I got home from being out of town for two days, Moose jumped up on the sofa next to me and put as much of himself as he could (this is not a small dog) into my lap and fell asleep with a contented sigh.

Nina

• greendawn
    greendawn

Dogs are a lot more fun than cats because they are much livelier and do a lot more things, eg you can take a dog out with you on a long walk in the city or in the forests or mountains.

True they get fleas but that can nowadays easily be dealt with, and with regular bathing they don't smell that bad.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I love both dogs and cats but have cats because I'm out of the house all day almost every day so it wouldn't be fair to keep a dog. and the answer to your question:

Why do cats line up dead rodents ( sorry - pause to de-traumatize) on the door mat. Dogs just eat them.

A cat brings them back as a gift for the leader of the pride - ie you! Even though it's a 'disgusting' habit, you should always show your 'appreciation' to the cat or else it will get confused. A dog, on the other hand, is a scavenger, it will eat anything it kills - survival instinct - you'll find that feral/semi-feral cats often do the same (one of mine is semi-feral and he eats everything he kills)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit