Studying the 'deep' books - it might be the final straw.

by jambon1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

I can remember studying the Isaiah books 1 & 2 back-to-back. During this time I simply never wanted to go to the book study. It was all so repetative and boring. You felt that all the time spent in relation to the book study was a waste of time.

I never saw the end of the Daniel book as I duly exited the truth half way through it. But someone I know commented that they were "soooo glad it was over", when it came to a finish. How will this person deal with 2 years of the UN book?

IMO, this will be the beginning of the end for some in the truth.

Deep books = research = Internet = UN scandal/dates = doubts = the end.

Well done the GB, you may have just hammered in the last nails in the coffin.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Sorry for jumping the gun folks.

I just read the other post about this and it says much about the same thing. Great minds...........haha.

J

• glitter
    glitter

Very true - the last time Revelation was done, most people hadn't heard of the Internet, let alone had 24/7 access to it.

There is a danger that the JWs who remember the studies from before will not feel much need to look deeper - they might not look further than their 17-year-old underlining! :D It'll be interesting to see if the Society publishes a new edition - and if people still take their old copies...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Deep books spell poorly written and non edited drival. I know our beloved Ray Franz wrote some of them. I owe a debt of gratitude to him, but he definitely needs an editor. I figured out, after reading Crisis of Conscience and trying to read In Search Of Christian Freedom, why I could not understand his "deep" books for the society. Ray will say one thing three different ways in a sentence. A talented editor could help him hone it down to one per sentence. The reading would be more comprehensible and I might be able to finish ISofCF.

Most of the deep books tied my brain in knots. I admire anyone who had the patience to decipher the over abundance of words.

• kristyann
    kristyann

What is the UN book?

I haven't read TOO many of the Watchtower's "books," but from what I have read, I can't imagine any of them being too deep! I could never figure out how people could read that "Knowledge" book over and over again and consider that important information from God Himself!

Or the Requirements brochure... I mean, there is actually a line where they tell the people to wash their hands after using the toilet! Don't the people reading this find this a little infantalizing? I'd be insulted if someone handed that to me and told me to read it.

Okay, sorry, I got a little off-topic here.

• jambon1
    jambon1

For the record, I dont think they will do a new book.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Studying the Revelation book might make telling the JWs that the Watchtower Society was a member of the U.N. as a NGO more effective.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• cathyk
    cathyk
    I figured out, after reading Crisis of Conscience and trying to read In Search Of Christian Freedom, why I could not understand his "deep" books for the society. Ray will say one thing three different ways in a sentence. A talented editor could help him hone it down to one per sentence.

Oh, I agree! Ray Franz, God love him, could really use one or two impartial editorial eyes looking at his work. Then maybe ISoCF would be half the size and more readable. That wouldn't affect its "depth" -- it could only make his points more effective.

Back to the thread: Have there been any changes in the Revelation book since it was first released?

Cathy

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Studying the Revelation book might make telling the JWs that the Watchtower Society was a member of the U.N. as a NGO more effective.

Exactly! Especially the ones who have already been told about it and blow it off like nothing ever happened.

It would be quite funny to have a poster here take a recorder to bs and give an answer referencing the UN letter and connection. Make copies and hand them out to everyone in attendance. That would be hilarious.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude
    Have there been any changes in the Revelation book since it was first released?

When we studied it the first or second time, I recall one study where a friend of mine was the reader and he read one particular paragraph and after he was done, the book study conductor went back and corrected something he had read. My Friend went back and corrected the book study conductor, who in turn corrected him again.

When they finally compared books, it turns out they said two different things, buts its been soooo many years I honestly cant recall what the change was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit