How I discovered the true face of the Governing Body!

by Khufu 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

has this site given up the ghost?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No posts for 20 minutes - is this some sort of record?

Have all the apostates been smote by the wrath of the almighty? leaving only us faithful dubs?

Slim

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Should that be "smitten" or "smited"?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Where are all you apostates? You are scaring me now!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hi Philippe,

What slaves we were of these men.!!!! We were all victims of cruel manipulation. Good for you for having the courage and stamina to stand up to them.

I used to think that governing body members were kindly men deceived themselves. Now I realize that they are down right evil. As far as I am concerned they are from the devil.

I enjoyed your letter on blood as well. All the best to you as you start a new chapter in your life and please post as often as you can here.

I really enjoyed your story.

regards

wanna (from Canada)

• evergreen
    evergreen

Hi, Phillipe,
    It all sounds like the poverbial iron fist in velvet glove stuff, The kind of treatment John May and Martin Merriman received when they tried to straighten out the matter concerning Ray Franz (Crisis of Conscience). Like you they flew across the atlantic ocean to speak to their "Spiritually anointed Brothers" to simply understand why Ray Franz was disfellowshipped for eating a meal with a dissasociated person. Not only were they treated badly in america, they were then subjected to a practical witch hunt when they returned back to Ireland.

I am just about to read the letter you sent to Bethel concerning the blood issue. I had an experience a number of years ago. My child had to undergo quite a big operation and although it was very unlikely that blood had to be used , i still had some very sleepless nights. The surgeon told us that only 99% of the time they did not use blood. But then i thought what if it was that 1% chance that was needed. i wasnt about to take any chances. I spoke to a HLC member and he told me that all i could do was emphasise to the Surgeon that he not use blood , but to leave it at his discretion as he could get an award of court. I couldnt belive my ears when he told me this as it is not mentioned at the meeting or in the publications about this. So i had to go through sleepless night s sweating about 'what if', when in fact this is the case.

I personally do not use a blood card and never will. When i go to hospital i write down 'Christian' as my religion and also follow the same rule as i did for my child.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Phillippe,

So good to see you found your way here. Its been very hard, but you will do fine because your a strong and intelligent man. One day you will have a wife and children you can love without the shadow of some religion dictating your life to you. I still have the same email address if you want to catch me up. The Crisis of Conscious book was really a turning point for you I know. I'm very glad to know and hear your doing well.

[email protected]

Balsam on here

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I thought the Governing Body were just delusional misguided men. Now I'm just discovering that they are just twisted and evil.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...I trusted that the Governing Body would readily listen to my arguments, so I wrote letters, first to the elders, then to the circuit overseer and the Brussels branch, and finally to the correspondence desk at Patterson. Each time, I only encountered dumb ears..."
    Khufu

Dumb ears is a perfect description of the Watchtower leaders at Bethel. These people are truelly very arrogant.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit