have you heard of accusations of ex witnesses starting their own church?

by candidlynuts 32 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Like Blondie said, I think those that have been a dub for any length of time would have 'starting own religion' at the bottom of a very long list after leaving.
    I do recall an elder in one of my congs. though leaving his family after being disfellowshipped and joining a Pacific Island Pentecostal church as an elder.
    Me, I can spot a religious person from a hundred paces and avoid them like the plague.

• greendawn
    greendawn

All I know of is those Bethel members that decided to start their own study groups without the use of WTS publications back in the early 1980's, they were very roughly treated, ruthlessly hounded, accused of being vile apostates and thrown out of Bethel on the street by the FDS.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I have heard of groups of former jws meeting up, but it's usually in a pub or a restaraunt. I haven't heard of anyone actually starting their own religion or arranging religious meetings for ex jws.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Somone in this area did, recently (NE Ohio) They are from a family that's been in the "Truth" since WWII or so. This guy is in his 50s. Never active enough to be an elder or servant. Alcoholic, remarried to an alcoholic, etc. Started a church, got a building and everything, and says it focuses on Jeeeeesus.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

It's not uncommon for people leaving the Witnesses to meet in small study groups. I was part of one and it was excellent at that stage in my journey.

Didn't feel any urge to form our own church. Like "The REAL Truth Church!!!"

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I heard that many times when I was a JW - that "apostates" really want to "draw followers after themselves" but I never saw any examples of that. I suppose the "apostates" they're talking about saw how much money can be made in the cult business and decided to start their own.

W

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What's so bad about starting your own church?

Isn't that exactly what Charles Taze Russell did?

Isn't that what Joseph Franklin Rutherford did?

LDH, I hear that the folks predicting the nuclear attack on the UN vanished in a blinding flash of light.

I hope that last line doesn't offend any of our blind readers or other people who have vanished in a blinding flash of light.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Hey emu

The one church I read about is called The Lord's Witnesses.

http://www.truebiblecode.com/index.html

• cathyk
    cathyk

LDH,

They've, um, revised their calculations and come up with a 98% chance for a nuclear hit on midtown Manhattan on June 30th:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20060619/bs_prweb/prweb400595_3

I'd better go warn my relatives ... It could really put a crimp in my brother's day.

Cathy

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

We had a lady in our congregation that was DFed. Rumors were that she started her own church.

When I left the JWs and talked to her years later I discovered that she had gone back to the Catholic Church that she had been raised in prior to become a JW. I told her about the rumors and we had a pretty good laugh about it all.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit