I'm going back to the JW's

by Honesty 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty

If you can acccurately disprove the mathematics in the following I will be at the local Kingdom Hall first thing in the morning and ask the elders if I may rejoin them in worship.

Here is some information I have compiled regarding what the Watchtower has printed in regards to the Babylonian kings and how the lengths of their reigns can be calculated to arrive at the date of the destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar.

If you're like me you've probably remained totally clueless whenever the subject of the chronology leading to back 607 B.C. as the date for the destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar comes up.

It turns out this stuff is so simple a 10 year-old can figure it out.

Using ONLY comments by the Watchtower Society and one scripture we can rather easily see their chronology regarding the destruction of Jerusalem.

There is really not much to learn here, either:

No astronomy, no neo-Babylonian tablets, and no confusing Bible versus will be presented. Just the names of five people and several quotes from Watchtower publications will be used. Also, there is no need to quibble over things like regnal years, ascension years, cardinal and ordinal numbers, etc. Remember, 607 B.C. is a full 20 years earlier than the accepted date of 586/87 B.C. and all the tinkering with a few months here and few partial year reigns there cannot make up a difference of twenty years.

Another tricky part to remember is that people were very primitive in those years before a sensible calendar that actually counts FORWARD as you go forward rather than BACKWARD as you go forward was incorporated.

We have to start AFTER the date of Jerusalem's fall with a date and event that is agreed upon by both the WTS and secular historians.

From this date we will count backward by counting forward.

That date is 539 B.C., the date that Babylon fell to Cyrus the Mede.

Keep in mind we are trying to find the date Jerusalem fell.

Insight on the Scriptures published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in volume 1 on page 425 under "Chaldea" has a complete list of the Babylonian kings from Nabopolassar to Balshazzar:

"Particularly was this domination manifest during the seventh and sixth centuries B.C.E. when Nabopolassar, a native of Chaldea, and his successors, Nebuchadnezzar II, Evil-merodach

(Awil-Marduk), Neriglissar, Labashi-Marduk, Nabonidus, and Belshazzar, ruled the Third World Power, Babylon."

Insight on the Scriptures published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in volume 2 on page 480 under "Nebuchadnezzar" tells us that he ruled as king for 43 years:

Second ruler of the Neo-Babylonian Empire; son of Nabopolassar and father of Awil-Marduk (Evil-merodach), who succeeded him to the throne. Nebuchadnezzar ruled as king for 43 years...

An article entitled, "The Rejoicing of the Wicked Is Short-lived" on page 29 in the January 1,1965 Watchtower magazine lists the regnal years of Nebuchadnezzar II's successors from Evil-Merodach

to Nabonidus who, in this article the Watchtower confirms was ruler of Babylon when Cyrus conquered it in 539 B.C.:

Evil-merodach reigned two years and was murdered by his brother-in-law Neriglissar, who reigned for four years, which time he spent mainly in building operations. His underage son Labashi-Marduk, a vicious boy, succeeded him, and was assassinated within nine months. Nabonidus, who had served as governor of Babylon and who had been Nebuchadnezzar’s favorite son-in-law, took the throne and had a fairly glorious reign until Babylon fell in 539 B.C.E.

Let's summarize (remember we have to go backwards starting in 539 B.C. with Nabonidus):

Nabonidus ruled Babylon until it fell in 539 B.C. to Cyrus.

Labashi-Marduk ruled for 9 months.

Neriglissar ruled for 4 years.

Evil-Merodach ruled for 2 years.

Nebuchadnezzer ruled for 43 years.

17 years + 9 months + 4 years + 2 years + 43 years = 66 to 67 years.

Starting at 539 B.C. and going back 66/67 years we arrive at 605/606 B.C. for the start of the reign of Nebuchadnezzer.

2nd Kings 25:8-10 tells us that Jerusalem was destroyed in the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzer's reign, so if we go forward 19 years from 605/606 B.C. we will have the approximate years of the destruction of Jerusalem.

Nineteen years after 605/606 B.C. brings us to 586/587 B.C. which agrees with all secular evidence.

That's it!

It is so simple that I wonder why the Watchtower Society can't admit to seeing it!

Could it be because their entire "Faithful Discreet Slave" doctrine rests solely upon the date of Jerusalem's destruction by Nebuchadnezzar?

Prove it mathematically inaccurate and I'll be at the Kingdom hall in the morning.

Let me know.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I doubt you'll be back at the kingdom hall somehow Honesty.

Just a feeling.....

• Honesty
    Honesty

Honesty ----> *** searching for scholar jw ***

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Honesty, I would have stayed a witness if any one of the elders or my own sister could of answered the Mexico/Malawi issue. NONE of them could. Even my presiding overseer said he would come over my house with the Circuit Overseer that very next week. Guess what? Never showed. My sister never looked into it and got back to me as she said she would. So now I am DF'd from them. No one ever had the balls to research it.

Some how I think you will be home like myself tomorrow instead of at the KingDumb hall. Enjoy your coffee. I'll join you with a cup of my own.

The Claw

• KW13
    KW13

firstly - i was all worried like, why she goin back

secondly - the method i love, i tried it on my mum not 3 hours ago and she was looking scared.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Some how I think you will be home like myself tomorrow instead of at the KingDumb hall. Enjoy your coffee. I'll join you with a cup of my own.

The Claw

Thankyou, Claw.

I'll be thinking about this thread tomorrow while I'm worshipping Jesus at church.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    secondly - the method i love, i tried it on my mum not 3 hours ago and she was looking scared.

Yeah, KW.

It works like a charm.

They want you back in the club so bad they'll jump right on it.

When they do the math and the realisation hits them that the "Faithful Slave" could not have been appointed in 1918/1919 it scares the crap out of them.

Give it a couple of days to simmer in her head and then tell her your offer still stands.

When she says, "What does it matter, anyway," just remind her that's how the Watchtower validates their claim of being "THE TRUTH."

• Forscher
    Forscher

OMG!!!!
    So much for those world-class scholars in New York that Scholar likes to harp about!
    ROFLMAOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forscher

• KW13
    KW13

i note honesty, how you STILL fail to mention why you scared us all like that

Yeah, KW. It works like a charm.

They want you back in the club so bad they'll jump right on it. When they do the math and the realisation hits them that the "Faithful Slave" could not have been appointed in 1918/1919 it scares the crap out of them. Give it a couple of days to simmer in her head and then tell her your offer still stands.

When she says, "What does it matter, anyway," just remind her that's how the Watchtower validates their claim of being "THE TRUTH."

Yeh, she did expect to walk away proving me wrong but she erm, gave up saying "well the two years from 605 to 607 aren't that much" and i dropped the bombshell, no no mum...605 is when nebuchadnezzar came to power, not the destruction, i am not claiming that. (she was getting confused after the initial shock) and so i showed her the British Musuem which, in the case i did all this achieved the following.

1) Fitted with the Bible

2) Gave me a REAL 70 year Period

3) Proved her wrong and the Society.

------------------>>>>>>>> What scared her was the Bible's 'truth' and the Society's are seperate.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Yeh, she did expect to walk away proving me wrong but she erm, gave up saying "well the two years from 605 to 607 aren't that much" and i dropped the bombshell, no no mum...605 is when nebuchadnezzar came to power, not the destruction, i am not claiming that. (she was getting confused after the initial shock) and so i showed her the British Musuem which, in the case i did all this achieved the following.

1) Fitted with the Bible

2) Gave me a REAL 70 year Period

3) Proved her wrong and the Society.

------------------>>>>>>>> What scared her was the Bible's 'truth' and the Society's are seperate.

Dear KW13..

I was thinking of you lately, and wondering when it was you were going to share everything with her. How did the conversation end?? Is she open to more discussion?? The great thing is that this will eat at her. And she will want answers. That is when she will reach for the Kingdom Come Appendix to explain it all away. But Alans research on the refutation to the Appendix will blow it out of the water paragraph by paragraph. Keep us posted!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit