Are you afraid of the what's going on in the world??? Fear of men???

by Erenora nz 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• sir82
    sir82
    Satan is a liar, remember he told Eve that she will not grow old and die

Erenora,

You may want to go back to Genesis chapters 2 & 3 & re-read carefully.

God said, "in the day you eat from it, you will die".

Satan said, "you will not die".

There is nothing in the account at all about "growing old"--the issue was, immediate death for eating the fruit, or not?

Adam & Eve ate the fruit. On the day they ate the fruit, did they die?

Who told the lie?

• parakeet
    parakeet

***Why would a God of love create beings that would he is fellow beings***

erenora,
    It's bad enough that your ideas don't make sense. Could you at least write sentences that make sense?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Things like these and much worse have been going on in the world so there is no need for such events to excite in us an oppressive fear and anxiety about the future.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I believe we are witnessing a Cognitive Dissonant whose thinking has clearly derailed. That means there's hope. Our existence is a serious threat to Erenora's worldview.

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome, Erroneros...No, I do not fear the goings-on in the world. No, I do not fear man.

AND, I don't fear armageddon anymore. I left all those fears behind when I left the borg.

What I do fear, is the fact that my family who are still active witnesses, are missing out on the REAL life....they're getting older, and haven't yet begun to enjoy life to it's fullest. They're missing out on watching their grandchildren grow. Now that's SAD!!!

• sinis
    sinis

Die? Who said anything about dying? Life is a state of mind. Some who are young are already dead to themselves, while the 80 yo man keeps living because he pictures himself as he was when he was twenty. Me, I don't plan on ever dying...

• James Free
    James Free

As terrible as it was, 9/11 was just one of a never ending list of atrocities committed over many thousands of years. If it happened anywhere else the Americans would have forgotten about it by now.

The US is NOT the world, and one incident is NOT a fullfillment of prophesy.

EVERY DAY thousands are dying terrible deaths. And it's not just something that started after 1914 - it has always been that way - check your history books if you don't believe that.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    Did you recognise the fear of those who either lost someone in the 9/11...

... no, I think that people were just sad.

Was it a religous attack or a commercial attack???

We'll never know who was really behind it, and life will go on anyway.

Whatever attack it was, the Bible foretold the prophecy.

?? no I don't think so. Can you give me a scripture?

Are you araid to die?? Are we going to live in fear for the rest of our lives? Is this Jehovah's plan??

No, no, and no, from what I've worked out.

Why fear men when Jehovah can restore the heavens and the earth to its original state. So should we fear men???

I don't fear men. Welcome to the board!

• nelly136
    nelly136

erenora nice to meet you, when i was younger any major catastrophe would set off 'fears' when the twin towers went, i didnt have that 'fear' my thoughts were centered on the victims and their families, there were no thoughts about armageddon. i'm wondering if maybe you wouldnt mind posting a bit about yourself on another thread (so as not to hijack this one). you say you were raised jw between 6-13 and in another thread you said your children coped well with your leaving, so i'm a little confused, cheers.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Erenora, please tell me you don't come from NZ. Please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit