Are you afraid of the what's going on in the world??? Fear of men???

by Erenora nz 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Erenora nz
    Erenora nz

Yes this issue came up when The Twins Towers went down. Did you recognise the fear of those who either lost someone in the 9/11...Was it a religous attack or a commercial attack??? Whatever attack it was, the Bible foretold the prophecy.

Are you araid to die?? Are we going to live in fear for the rest of our lives? Is this Jehovah's plan??

Why fear men when Jehovah can restore the heavens and the earth to its original state. So should we fear men???

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, erenoa. You sure came on the board with a splash. It is obvious that you love Jehovah very much. Are you an active JW?

Did you recognise the fear of those who either lost someone in the 9/11

To me, it appeared to be grief more than fear.

Was it a religous attack or a commercial attack???

The terrorists were bound to an ideal, that is for sure. I think the twin towers represented for them the rank imperialism and greed of western industrialized nations. This was the second attack, the first failed.

Whatever attack it was, the Bible foretold the prophecy.

I don't think so. I think the prophecy was fulfilled quite nicely when Jerusalem was destroyed the second time.

Are you afraid to die??

No. Are you?

Are we going to live in fear for the rest of our lives?

I don't. My "old man" died when I gave my life over to God.

Is this Jehovah's plan??

What, life on this planet? I always thought so. Good and bad all mixed in together. But with God directing my step, even the painful bits have made me stronger, kinder, wiser. Out my window is a lush lawn and dozens of trees. Robins have been trilling their turf war since 4:00 this morning. I think God made a beautiful thing when He made this world.

Why fear men when Jehovah can restore the heavens and the earth to its original state. So should we fear men???

I don't fear men now. OK, well, I don't walk up to strange men lurking in alleys. But I figure that's just prudence, not fear. I don't have to wait to have my heart restored, it's a daily process. As for the earth, I don't think it's as bad off as people say.

Now, I have some questions of my own.

1. It seems you think the world is on it's last legs, and you are barely hanging on. How long can you hang on for your anticipated future?
    2. If this new future were ten years from now, will you spend the next ten years barely hanging on?
    3. Are there other things you could do with your time between your anticipated future and now, other than barely hanging on?
  • Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Why fear men when Jehovah can restore the heavens and the earth to its original state.

Side question: does such a belief promote political, economical, ecological responsibility or irresponsibility?

Welcome

• jgnat
    jgnat

***response to the side note***

You mean I can tell my JW hubby to STOP spitting his GUM out on the STREET? The same goes for the wrappers. MAAAN I go off on him for that. I was raised in a strict anti-littering family. We are all responsible for taking care of our world!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome erenora NZ !

• jstalin
    jstalin
    Was it a religous attack or a commercial attack??? Whatever attack it was, the Bible foretold the prophecy.

Really? Where?

• Erenora nz
    Erenora nz

No i am not one of Jehovahs Witnesses. But i was raised as such from the age of 6-13 years old. My mum is one of Jehovah's Witnesses.I do believe in priciples and the prophecies that were foretold in the Bible.Although I am of age to make my own stand, whether for Jehovah or Satan, I would rather stand for Jehovah.. Satan is a liar, remember he told Eve that she will not grow old and die??? What are we as humans doing now?? Going old and dying!!! Jehovah told Adam and Eve that if they ate the friut they would surely grow old and die.

What did Satan say?? he said "YOU WILL NOT DIE.WHAT ARE WE DOING NOW.... JUST AS JEHOVAH SAID;;; WE ARE GROWING OLD AND WE ARE DYING

Who lied to mankind... Jehovah or Satan??"?

• Terry
    Terry

99.99% of all the species that have ever existed on planet Earth are now extinct.

The earth is a dangerous planet.

Dinosaurs were in a constant mode of eat and be eaten and now they are gone.

Survival is a reward in the short run. Everybody and everything will die in the long run.

In the meantime--we can conserve our "worry" energy by concentrating on the genuine dangers and not waste time on the make-believe superstitious ones!

We are not in danger of:

1.UFO KIDNAPPING

2.Bigfoot

3.Witches casting spells on us

4.Demon possession

5.Armageddon

Instead of those things which are illusory; we have real dangers

1.Heart Disease

2.A.I.D.S.

3.Cancer

4.Accidents

5.Ignorance and Superstition leading to war, famine, poverty and an endless spiral back again

By separating real worries from nonsense we become rational defenders of life by:

1.Not smoking or taking drugs which debilitate our mind and body

2.Eating healthily

3.Exercising regularly (but, not to excess)

4.Observing personal hygiene

5.Avoiding risky behavior that might lead to sexually transmitted diseases

6.Buying health insurance

7.Creating a life savings and retirement package.

8.Avoiding situations which lead to personal peril

Practical commonsense measures are sane and worthwhile while a preoccupation with End Times is draining and impotent use of one's time and energy.

The Watchtower Society is all about making the "next" life more important than this one by creating a false sense of urgency about the 'END".

The energy spent by JW's on useless hamster-wheel nowhere work bankrupts their lives of intrinsic values and happiness.

Abandon the "end-of-the-world -on- every -newscast" mentality and create a purposeful life by getting a grip on what is real and what is fantasy.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

(sorry..double post)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes this issue came up when The Twins Towers went down. Did you recognise the fear of those who either lost someone in the 9/11...Was it a religous attack or a commercial attack???

Stop making light of those who lost somebody!!! This wasn't a joke and is still an everyday part of life.

Whatever attack it was, the Bible foretold the prophecy.

Your belief doesn't make it so.

Are you araid to die?? Are we going to live in fear for the rest of our lives? Is this Jehovah's plan??

No. It's bound to happen one day.

No. Why live in fear? Just live!

As far as jehovah's plan, that only means something if you want to believe in a god who is damning the entire world no matter what. Even if i was a deity believer, I couldn't feel that way any longer.

Why fear the supernatural if it were to exist?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit