Are you afraid of the what's going on in the world??? Fear of men???

by Erenora nz 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

jgnat,

20 years ago JWs used to be "strictly anti-littering" too (at least in France, but I think it was not local as the issue was dealt with in WT literature).

But as we get farther into the times of the end people are getting worse, aren't they?

• jgnat
    jgnat

How old were you when the twin towers came down, erenora?

Besides loving Jehovah, I see from other threads that you trust and defend the elder's motives. Do you have a similar loyalty to the Watchtower Society and it's agents?

• parakeet
    parakeet

***Whatever attack it was, the Bible foretold the prophecy.***
    Chapter and verse, please??

***Are you araid to die?? Are we going to live in fear for the rest of our lives? Is this Jehovah's plan??***
    Please, please, please tell me Jehovah's plan. I didn't hear it enough during the 14 years I had it stuffed down my throat on a daily basis. BTW, my elderly and sick JW parents are just now beginning to realize that "Jehovah's plan" is not going to come about in their lifetime. It's the first time they've had to face the real possibility of death, and they are very afraid.

***Why fear men when Jehovah can restore the heavens and the earth to its original state***
    The most frightening men are those who would have me jettison my freedom of thought and submit to their "paradise earth" propaganda.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    But as we get farther into the times of the end people are getting worse, aren't they?

I'd say so. How ever will these terrible times end if the earth keeps getting improved? I can see how Jehovah's people would be tempted to hurry it along a bit.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Erenora

Satan is a liar, remember he told Eve that she will not grow old and die??? What are we as humans doing now?? Going old and dying!!! Jehovah told Adam and Eve that if they ate the friut they would surely grow old and die.

What did Satan say?? he said "YOU WILL NOT DIE.WHAT ARE WE DOING NOW.... JUST AS JEHOVAH SAID;;; WE ARE GROWING OLD AND WE ARE DYING

Who lied to mankind... Jehovah or Satan??"?

Good question. I don't remember Jehovah speaking of "growing old," but that they would die the very day when they would eat...

• Erenora nz
    Erenora nz

Well you are mixed up arent you. Why would a God of love create beings that would he is fellow beings

• Terry
    Terry

You might find this interesting reading.....

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Stossel/story?id=1898820&page=1

Exerpt from John Stossel's Myths, Lies and Downright Stupidity

MYTH: The media will check it out and give you the objective truth.

TRUTH: Many in the media are scientifically clueless, and will scare you to death. We don't do it on purpose. We just want to give you facts. But the people who bring us story ideas are alarmed. Then we get alarmed, and eager to rush that news to you.

We know that the scarier and more bizarre the story, the more likely it is that our bosses will give us more air time or a front-page slot. The scary story, justified or not, will get higher ratings and sell more papers. Fear sells. That's the reason for the insiders' joke about local newscasts: "If it bleeds, it leads."

Also, raising alarms makes us feel important.

If we bothered to keep digging until we found the better scientific experts, rather than the ones who send out press releases, we'd get the real story. But reporters rarely know whom to call. And if we did, many real scientists don't want to be bothered. Why get involved in a messy debate? It might upset someone in government and threaten the scientist's grant money. "I'd rather be left alone to do my work, and not have to babysit dumb reporters," one told me.

One real scientist, Dr. Bruce Ames of the University of California, Berkeley, did make the effort. He urged a skeptical reporter (me) to be more skeptical of pseudologic from pseudoscientists: "The number of storks in Europe has been going down for years, the birth rate's going down for years," Dr. Ames pointed out. "If you plot one against the other, it's a beautiful correlation. But it doesn't mean storks bring babies."

We've been swallowing the storks-bring-babies kind of logic for years. (My favorite version: I see fat people drinking diet soda; therefore diet soda must make people fat.) For instance, stories about pesticides making food carcinogenic would fill several pages of a Google search. To the scientifically illiterate, the stories are logical. After all, farmers keep using new pesticides, we consume them in the food we eat, and we keep hearing more people are getting cancer. It must be cause and effect! Get the shovel.

• Erenora nz
    Erenora nz

I am not making light of dead people... But if you know tha Jehovah created life he can do anything in this world. When you realise that Jehovah is Almighty God, then you will not have a problem. I dont run Satan and I will not certainly run Jehovah down,

• Erenora nz
    Erenora nz

If you know Jehovah and believe in him, then you will know what jehohavos' purpose is for mankind.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Enora, you said

If you know Jehovah and believe in him, then you will know what jehohavos' purpose is for mankind.

Is this Jehovah's purpose based on the WTS literature or the Bible? Before you answer 'they are the same', put some more thought into it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit