Was there immature behaviour in your KH?

by badboy 50 Replies latest jw friends

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

oops wrong thread

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i was at an elders meeting where a new p.o had to be appoionted...the present one was moving but he was there at the meeting...i got a majority vote but the one other elder who thought it should have been him sulked for the rest of the meeting...then mimicked the elder who had ultimately had the deciding vote and the whole time i was p.o he went out of his way to make things difficult.

later because of people moving and stuff i was voted out and he was voted in...boy did his supporters regret that..(that sounds like i did the same to him and them..but i didnt...he was just such a tyrant and was forever having stupid unnecessary elders meetings)

another time we were voting on new chairs for the kh...and one of the elders wanted 2 colours arranged in a kind of check pattern..the cong thought this was a naf idea...so he sulked and accused me of bias cos i chaired (pun intended) the discussion...and then said it was obvious jahs spirit wasnt on the meeting...

bill blyth..tony boyland..good times

they got me good tho....both were on my commitee and took great delight in df-ing me...i should have objected but i really really did think jah directed his org...tijkmo

• Swan
    Swan

Like when we were counseled by two control freaks who happened to be elders for sisters not to withhold the marital due from their husbands because it might put undue pressure on them to have sex with children? Or like the time when we were counseled to quit shunning the child molester because he was only publicly reproved and was serving his time with weekends in the county jail?

Or when one of those elders tried to change the Thursday School/Service Meeting to Friday so that we could be more fired up for field service on Saturday; but it was really because he wanted to go to bed earlier on Thursday nights. Or when this same elder sat in on a judicial committee meeting and DFed his own father for alcoholism, and claimed he was mature enough to be impartial.

Or when they both told my brother to get his hair cut when it was barely over the tops of his ears? Or when they put him on restriction when he didn't comply so that he couldn't perform any cong. duties, yet others less mature and with longer hair were given microphone privileges to encourage them.

Or when they talked to my other brother and his future wife about being too close to one another and questioned them about their private behavior just before the wedding, when they had actually stayed chaste during that time. Or when they got into arguments with other elders who tried to stand up to them?

Immature behavior like that? I actually appreciated that immature behavior because I started to see a dark side to the elder arrangement. I began to doubt Jehovah's actual involvement in the process. I learned that any A-hole can be "chosen" to be an elder, but that doesn't make him mature.

Tammy

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

There were two elders in their 60's or 70's at this cong I attended for awhile, and they were always cracking on each other from the platform about each other's age. It was really embarrassing. I had grown up Catholic so I was used to religious meetings being very sober occasions, and the first JW meeting I ever attended (which made a very strong impression on me) was a Public Talk where the brother was very polished and sincere in his presentation. So I assumed that JW's were sober, serious people, and I gradually learned that by and large they aren't at all. Dan, Brother-Stumbled class :)

• John Doe
    John Doe

Does a bear shit in the woods?

• foundfreedom
    foundfreedom

I think that the Pioneer's are the most immature one's, they look down their noses at the rest and always act like they are doing us a really big favor by letting us spend time in their glorious mists. They are the ones that seem to keep ones in the hall in an upset state of mind, esp. if they are wifes of elders. I hated going out with them.

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

BizzyBee

What I am saying...for all his (Raymond Franz) ranting and raving he did not say much to convince me that the WTS is such a bad and evil place. It read like he was just picking holes. The biggest thing he could mention was the Mexico and Malawi situation. And when I did more research on that....it turns out in Mexico, the government required the JW's to do military service. However, you could buy your way out of that requirement. The GB decided the brothers could go down that option. It was not and illegal bribe has so many stated...even I, at one time, believed it was an illegal bribe....but it was not.

In Malawi a brutal dictator insisted on a one-party state. He and his henchmen forced everyone in the country to join his political party.
    Obviously, the Witnesses refused and the GB also said not to. The government's youth groups, in retaliation, decided to beat up and kill many witnesses.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Hey kero

The GB decided the brothers could go down that option. It was not and illegal bribe has so many stated...even I, at one time, believed it was an illegal bribe....but it was not.

If it wasnt illegal or questionable then why did the watchtower society suggest that 'it was a matter of conscience' whether such passes were bought? How do you reconcile that with your view? If you have done some research on this Kero is it possible to share? I for one would be very interested to see what you have seen. DB74

DB74

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

If it was out and out illeagel the WTS would have said 'Don't do it' but it was not illeagal so it became a matter of conscience. Not every brother in Mexico brought a card. Some refused to buy a card. It is ok for people come here and go on about how the WTS twists the truth....but a lot of people here are just has guilty for twisting the truth....including everyones new god 'Raymond Franz' What ever he says must be right, with out question. But now I have read his book...he is just a bitter, twisted old man.

• uk humanist
    uk humanist

Kero... You're saying that buying a military card in Mexico wasn't a problem for the GB because it wasn't illegal. But buying a party card in Malawi wasn't illegal either, so in your view, what justifies the difference in orders, the hypocrisy, from the GB in this case? Also, I don't believe you've read Raymond Franz' books. It appears to me from reading them that he has made a conscience decision to absolutely avoid saying anything that might sound bitter, because it would devalue his work. Can you give us a quote which you think exposes this bitterness you describe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit