Was there immature behaviour in your KH?

by badboy 50 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There is this really obnoxious sister who bugs me so much with her answers. Every answer goes like this: "if we are not good enough we will not survive Armageddon; if we are not doing our best it is not good enough; we can fool others in the congregation but we can't fool Jehovah."... on and on and on. It is so oppressive and relentless, I really think she has mental problems. She also uses answers to make barbed comments about people and how she disapproves of them (even though the Society have repeatedly stated that is a big no no).

She deserves a real slap.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Yes, indeed.

I saw a lot of things that surprised me from ones who were supposed to be 'spiritually mature' and also well along in years. Very petty stuff similar to what goes on in a playground.

There are some seriously unhappy people in the org!

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

We once had a brother who had fallen away and seperated from his wife turn up on a sunday morning intent of dragging his children out of the hall. While I don't have a problem with a parent objecting to their children going to meetings I did think it was a little immature of him to turn up *at* the meeting and disturbing the meeting just to piss his wife off. He was there just to cause trouble. If you are going to have a domestic its best to do it behind closed doors, not do it in front of over a 100 people.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Are you looking for specific examples?

I found many of the adults to be imature and very petty. Here is one example: a white sister got a new hair style. It was one where all her hair was in braids, a.k.a. Bo Derick style. I liked it. She had kind of a Bo type of face - high cheek bones, blonde hair. Anyway, she told me the reason she got this style was it was easy to care for, and she wanted to pioneer and felt she could spend more time in the ministry if she was not messing with her hair so much. (this is another thread altogether). Anyway, several of the "sisters' were offended and get this: STUMBLED, by this lady's hair! Can you imagine this? I mean how ridiculous. I guess they felt this was a "worldly style" of hair.

The elders actually told this lady to take the braids out. Which she did. I lashed into the sisters and told them if they were stumbled by a simple hairstyle, how did they think they would make it through real persecution some day? Or how could they be saved thru the tribulation if they cannot go into the hall without being stumbled by someone elses hair?

I think the elders should have corrected these people right away and told them they were being very immature, emotionally and spiritually . Maybe the elders liked keeping people totally dependent on them? I told the sister with the braids she should have kept them in and told the "sisters" bug off nosy bodies.

I mentioned this lady was white because many black sisters had braids and not one person said anything to them. Hmmm, double standard?

• jgnat
    jgnat

The lack of personal boundaries and invasion of personal space really bothers me. The "sisters" think it is their right to dig the details of my life out of me. Even so, they will often fail to repond to my questions, "Nice broach, where did you get it?" I obstinately refused to name my congregation, even with repeated questioning. Even though I have not been back to the KH for months, one of the ladies saw me on the subway, crowed "We've missed you!" and patted me on the shoulder. I'm pretty sure she doesn't even remember my name.

• jambon1
    jambon1

FFS, dont have any individuality whatever you do!

What a bunch of seriously petty and sad people.

I`m soooooooooo glad Im away from all of it.

• Mary
    Mary

Uh, yep........usually done by me. Want some examples? Of course you do!

Several years ago during the WT study, one of the questions was '..what organizational changes have there been over the years' (or something similiar).....I started laughing, and put up my hand. The bro who was taking the study could see I was laughing and, with a big "I-think-I'm-gonna-regret-this" look on his face, he asked me. So I said "...Well years ago, we used to vote the elders in. I think we should go back to that arrangement."

The entire congregation burst out laughing, including the bro on the platform.....it was a couple of minutes before we could go on to the next paragraph.

Another thing I would do to the same bro when he was taking the WT study, is I'd sit at the back. When I put up my hand and he didn't call on me, I'd try to make him laugh by rolling my eyes in 'digust' at him.....the foolish guy then did it again a couple of paragraphs later, so I made the motion with my finger going across my neck that I was going to get him. He's trying harder not to laugh now. Third time he didn't answer me, I made sure no one was looking and I mouthed "..I love you!". Well the poor bugger starts laughing on stage and no one knows why he's laughing ('cept me). He never turned me in because I think he actually enjoyed it.........

I've got pu-lenty more stories but I have to step out now......I gotta go down to the local court house to make an appt. to fight a damn speeding ticket I got a couple of weeks ago.....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Mary,

I wish you would come to our meetings! You would certainly liven the place up.

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

There is immature behaviour in lots of other places...not just in the KH. There is even immature behaviour on JWD site. I think we need to stop judging by the actions of individual person or JW's but maybe more by the actions of the WTS. I saw immature behaviour in my KH, but it never bothered me...I let them get on with it. Those that acted immature never really became apart of the congregation.

But even saying judging the WTS...yeah! they have made mistakes...but so do other religions. I eventually reads Raymond Franz's book a few days ago....and if anything it sounded to me the views of a bitter old man....His words to me seemed immature. He descibed a few faults with the WTS, which is no more than saying to someone....you only scored 98% percent in an exam...so let me concentrate on the 2% percent you did wrong. For me...it is a reason for staying a JW if he can only produce so much little 'dirt' from the top.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit