Was there immature behaviour in your KH?

by badboy 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

Hey...were British...we can laugh at ourselves just has well has we can laugh at others...and anyway...we need to be united....England play Trinidad and Tobago very shortly...COME ON ENGLAND...if we win we will face Ecuador...and so far...the lead Costa Rica 2 - 0

• Kero-kero
  • loosie
    loosie
    So I said "...Well years ago, we used to vote the elders in. I think we should go back to that arrangement."

Mary that's hilarious. I second that motion.... Oh wait can women second a motion?

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    She then went on to lecture me that using those words was just as bad as saying the real ones blah blah so me being a smartarse asked her which she would prefer I say, shit (which was said quite loudly) or sugar.

Going off topic a bit...

My argument against this sort of control freak was to ask them what would Jesus, that carpenter guy have done if he'd have hit his thumb with a hammer the way carpenters occasionally do? Would he have quietly gone "hmmm" or would he have sworn out loud.

• Mary
    Mary
    My argument against this sort of control freak was to ask them what would Jesus, that carpenter guy have done if he'd have hit his thumb with a hammer the way carpenters occasionally do? Would he have quietly gone "hmmm" or would he have sworn out loud.

Don't be silly Doc......he woulda jes healed his thumb and cursed the hammer.......thank f**king christ I never swear!!

*immaturity at it's best*

• under_believer
    under_believer

I eventually reads Raymond Franz's book a few days ago....and if anything it sounded to me the views of a bitter old man....His words to me seemed immature. He descibed a few faults with the WTS, which is no more than saying to someone....you only scored 98% percent in an exam...so let me concentrate on the 2% percent you did wrong. For me...it is a reason for staying a JW if he can only produce so much little 'dirt' from the top.

I also am calling BS on this statement. This reads like a classic dismissal of the work without having read it. If you are willing to cite a specific statement that you felt was bitter or immature, or if you are willing to back up your "98% good, 2% bad assertion" with objective things that you think are good and bad, or if you're willing to discuss the specific things that Franz mentions and why you feel they can be so easily dismissed as "little," why then I'll believe you read it. I'm calling your bluff and asking you to put your money where your mouth is.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I eventually reads Raymond Franz's book a few days ago....and if anything it sounded to me the views of a bitter old man....His words to me seemed immature. He descibed a few faults with the WTS, which is no more than saying to someone....you only scored 98% percent in an exam...so let me concentrate on the 2% percent you did wrong. For me...it is a reason for staying a JW if he can only produce so much little 'dirt' from the top.

Kero - I can't let this go unchallenged either. Are you saying that the WTS is 98% the truth? And only 2% wrong? Or the other way around?

Please respond with examples regarding C of C.

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Drew Sagan--I completely agree with your comments about 'cliques' & 'in-crowds' in the Organization. One of the things that always burned me up the most, especially since these are people who profess to display 'Christian' love to all, unconditionally..

There is a congregation here locally (the last I heard, they are still this way) where perhaps one-third to one-half of the publishers are related to each other (what I like to call 'dynasties'), they come from great wealth & own their own businesses, & go on 'Witness' cruises to places like the Virgin Islands two or three times a year. The prevailing attitude there seems to be that if you don't drive something like a Lexus or make a six-figure income per year, you don't exist (nevermind the fact that you profess the same beliefs..). The last time I attended a Public Talk there, about five years ago, not one person greeted or otherwise acknowledged me, before or after..

Years ago when I started having problems with what I saw as hypocrisy, double standards, & the like, the typical advice to me was, "Well, why don't you just go to a different congregation?" To which I replied once, "Truth, by its very definition, requires a certain CONSISTENCY from place to place, right? So it shouldn't matter where one attends the meetings.." They were silent..

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

There is always alot of 'immaturity' in all societies and at all levels. Being old in years does not make one mature.
    I saw a lot of immaturity in the WTB&TS at all levels. However, elders who are supposed to be 'spiritually' mature often seemed to show a lack ot judgement and compassion that you would normally associate with 'mature' persons.

• luna2
    luna2

The sis's can get pretty petty and immature, as I recall. One instance was where a sister had a room reserved at a hotel for the CA. She purposely did not look for a roommate because she wanted to actually be able to sleep and not worry that her snoring was keeping someone else up. It created a big flap because some Pioneer sisters felt that she should have gotten a room with two double beds and invited one of them to join her. There were harsh words exchanged and factions developed over it. Dumbest thing I ever heard of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit