Did the elders ever blackmail you with dead loved ones?

by Fleshybirdfodder 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Not the elders, but grandma did. "What do you think your dad (died from cancer when I was 12) will think, when he is ressurected in the new system and he sees you`re not there?". Guilt trip, guilt trip. Well, if I`m not there, he can`t treat me like shit, can he! (that`s what I should have said...)

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

All the time until I called them on their emotional blackmail. Now they pretty much ignore me because the word's gotten out in town that I'm a stealth Apostate.

• Mary
    Mary

When my sister was dying of a brain tumour (she was 10 or 11), we were brought to her bedside where she made us all promise to stay in "the Truth" so we would make it through Armageddon and see her again in the New System of Things. I was 7 years old at the time.

• greater_freedom
    greater_freedom

My 16 yr. old son was killed 5 yrs. ago. My 18 yr. old son was permanently disabled in the accident. After years of rehab he is able to walk with a brace on his leg but has no use of his left arm. The pain of lose of a son, the struggle of caring for a disabled son took its toll on my marriage and my belief. I was told to do more in the service, that would encourage me. I ask for help in care and transporting my son. Everyone has there problems to bare, just trust in Jo. After a year I was told its been long enough, get over it. I just quit going to any meetings 2 1/2 yrs ago and not one elder or any 'friends' came to see me or my son. Not until they found out I had a few Christmas lights in 2004. Then they started the blackmail of you will never see your dead son again and you are killing your other son by not bringing him to the 'hell'. My parents just returned from thier winter home recently and learned of my DA. My mother stood 2 feet from me talking to my fiance telling her that I will never see my dead son again and that I am also dead. My fiance was crying and said that I am not dead, I'm standing right there. My mom said no, he is dead, he killed him self. Then my disabled son came limping out of the house to greet his grandma, and she ran to him and said,oh I can talk to you Kyle, you're not dead yet. Sick...sick... sick!!!!

• nelly136
    nelly136

thats the best way of looking at it sass, turn it round.

using a child on her death bed to extort promises....wouldn't it be nice if they could watch themselves doing it and be nauseated...no chance of that tho.

• Mary
    Mary

That is so bloody horrifying greater freedom........It's just unbelievable that family members can treat their own flesh and blood this way.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

greater-freedom, thats heartbreaking and i'm so sorry for the loss of your son and your other sons injuries.. i hope you've been able to build REAL friendships and found comfort from people who really care.

• nelly136
    nelly136

((((g-f)))) and they want us to crawl back so they can welcome us with open arms

dogs and vomit spring to mind.

• greater_freedom
    greater_freedom

Candid, we have a new life with true friends. But being raised in wally world, I have lost my entire family. My friends don't understand how a religion could act that way. They really can't believe parents would treat thier own son with such cold,cold hearts. They even say its not worth the pain and that I should go back to make them happy. I told them if that was what I had to do, I would rather die right now.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Pretty common in JWLAND: be happy that those in your family that die BEFORE Armagheddon that aren't baptized, you will meet them in the New World. Do they even call it that anymore? I've been out so long that I can't even remember the terms except for back in the 70's. Don't grieve them TOO much, that's wrong, because they'll be coming back in the New World and you will have the privelege of helping them out of the grave. Such total nonsense it makes me sick to think I believed in all this.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit