My Dad's new Wife is a less than thrilling person..

by runningrussianboy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Running

Russian Boy!

• johnnyboi_us_ks
    johnnyboi_us_ks

This post started with a poor young man sharing his story, and some of you gotta make his 1 little word into a big freakin deal.

Good lord, you sound like the elders! NOW let’s get back to the story here!

Running Russian - I was baptized when I was 12, and that my friend was the first mistake of my life. No one should be pressured to be baptized (or ALLOWED TO) because it's such a young age to make a life long decision. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear what you went thru, and I'm glad you "got out", unfortunately the hard way, but in all I think you will realize how much things are different than they are "portrayed" to be in the real world.

Bet wishes

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

scully,

what i have no qualms about is rubbing your hypocritical little nose in your own hypocrisy. if that gets your panties in a bunch so be it. as far as the posting guidelines are concerned if you read them you would realize that swearing, using hate speech, and making obscene or vulgar comments are common place on this forum. insulting, threatening or provoking language seems to be acceptable if you are insulting, threatening or provoking the right people. but then those guidelines don't apply to you do they? how many others on this forum are not under these guidelines? so why are these guidelines posted if they are not followed and only apply to those who aren't of the priveliged class. surely you wouldn't post them so you can threaten people with removal if they don't follow the rules that no one follows, would you? abusers use many different obscenities, why aren't all of them censored? don't any of the others cause victims problems? so what is your point ,except that you have the key to edit anything you want. and you do.

i am not the one who used this word and i have no problem with simon's posted guidelines. i do have a problem with people who feel they are above such guidelines. i don't have any problem with simon being able to get in snit and throw me or anybody else out of his house. he can throw everyone out as far as i'm concerned. are you implying that you and others have this authority? if so could you list the people who, besides simon and yourself, have the authority to remove someone just because they feel like it. i'm sure there are others who would be interested in this also. doesn't this seem all too familiar?

i realize i've asked you a number of questions and that you probably won't answer any of them. but that is ok because sometimes just asking the question is as much as can be accomplished.

• runningrussianboy
    runningrussianboy

Bloody Heck! I post one night go to work cause a storm of poop! Sorry. 1) My bad, guess I've been out long enough and been in the banking business that I didn't figure that qualified for the catagory that was prohibited. Since it is, I first appologize and second will ensure that future posts do not have any reason for edit. 2) On a sidenote, the first person who edited my post could have been just a tad more polite in my opinion to just correct my error and write it off to the first post. But hey I understand you ex-elder types, ha ha just kidding. No worries, like I said, my error. 3) I do plan to stick around, if for no other reason I really want to have it say Jedi Master on all my posts. By the way whats up with Star Wars being acceptable to watch as a JW and Sleeping Bueaty wasn't? Guns in space ok, A little majic potion and were missing the bus to the heavenly earth? Crazy! 4) Who is richie rich? If you are richie rich, why do people think I should get to know you? Not that I don't want too, just looking for some motivation. 5) I've been officially out since I was 15. I realized it was all a mess at 16. Haven't been back since. Yes its nice, but the lack of any family what so ever is still a little downer. 6) Anybody in or around Austin? Always looking for fun new people to go out and have fun with. 7) Ok well I'm off to find something fun, new and non-[edit]able. Cheers, RRB

• wednesday
    wednesday

just2sheep

Simon has stated he has been tolerant of some curse words, b/c due to what we have all been through, well sometimes, it is the only word that fits.I do agree however, there are and should be some limits on that too, some words are extremely offensive and just not ok. As adults we are capable of knowing the difference between .

I think a kind QUICK removal of that c-word was appropriate, and a kind explaination . . The poster was new and indeed had a sad story. Whatever, I have decided that whatever happens, I do care to post at this site. Some have not felt that way , for the reasons you stated. It's not as fun and spirited in debate as it used to be, but I think it is good for jws who are just leaving to have a safe place to go, a place they will not feel overwhelmed by profanity.

that is just my 2c

• Odrade
    Odrade

just2sheep, you are way farther out of line on this one than the c-word, yet your personal attacks remain. Back away from the vodka bottle. Scully is one of the most even-handed moderators I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with on this or several other boards.

Dang. forgot what I wanted to say to the new guy... Man, that is one messed up story. Why didn't they df your dad for not being able to maintain a fine household? DF a KID for running away from an abusive father, then attending all the meetings? geez. So sorry.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    i realize i've asked you a number of questions and that you probably won't answer any of them. but that is ok because sometimes just asking the question is as much as can be accomplished.

Yes, it can often help the bearer of the question look like a right pratt, as in this case.

HS

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Nice post RRB. Glad to see that you are able to express your emotions. Many JW's tend to lose the ability to experience emotional swings.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    scully,

what i have no qualms about is rubbing your hypocritical little nose in your own hypocrisy. if that gets your panties in a bunch so be it. as far as the posting guidelines are concerned if you read them you would realize that swearing, using hate speech, and making obscene or vulgar comments are common place on this forum. insulting, threatening or provoking language seems to be acceptable if you are insulting, threatening or provoking the right people.

Posting Guidelines
    To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.
    4. Breaking the law
      This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an approaching court case). You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication. We are unable to investigate all third party material, so where possible, please provide a link instead.
    5. Spamming
      Please don't add the same comment to more than one forum.
    6. Advertising
      You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.
    7. Impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a person or organisation.
      Please don't mislead other users by abusing our registration procedure.
    8. Posting in a language other than English.
    9. Invading people's privacy
      Please don't post private addresses or phone numbers, including your own. You may post email addresses so long as you make it clear who they belong to.
    10. Posting an off-topic comment.
    11. Publicly disputing or arguing about moderator decisions
      If you disagree with any action taken then please raise it via email or PM.
    12. Annoying the forum owner
      If you have a query or a complaint then send a personal message or email. This is my site and I can say or do what I want and don't need lectures from anyone who doesn't like it. If you don't like this then don't use the site.

Forums may be moderated to make sure they stay friendly and welcoming, legal and relevant. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts at own discretion and without notice, which we consider to be unacceptable. If you repeatedly break these guidelines, you may be prevented from posting.

Warning to just2sheep: When a poster posts he hits on the Submit button which reads "Submit Post (I have read the guidelines)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy RRB! Welcome to JWD.

Yes there is a couple of folks in the Austin area, and even more in the Dallas area. In fact, we're having a to-do at the end of July:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/19/113540/1.ashx

You're welcome to come.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit