My Dad's new Wife is a less than thrilling person..

by runningrussianboy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, there's one word that needs to be cut, not acceptable on this board. Fourth line from the bottom.

Your pain comes through loud and clear. I had the most wonderful stepmom ever. She embraced me and included me in her life on the spot. Many people, not just JW's, can be amazingly selfish, though. For these people, anyone else in their loved-one's life is a threat to their affection. As if love were a loaf of bread that must be sliced up fairly. Too bad if you get the crumbs!

But in my experience, love doesn't work that way. The more I love, the more it expands, like an ever growing bubble that never pops.

Your dad and your stepmom are the losers. They are squirreling their love away like crumbs. The more time you spend with them, the more bitter you will be. I suggest you adopt new parents for yourself, maybe from a local nursing home. I also suggest you spend your time getting to know these new people, their interests and cares, and refrain from talking about your bitterness to them. That way, your own generosity will grow, and you won't drown in your own unhappiness.

• jgnat
    jgnat

That is very sweet, russianboy. Thank you for respecting us by editing your post. OOPS. It was Scully. But thank you anyways.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Sounds like the Gestapo did you the biggest favor you'll ever get from the Watchtower cult.

Welcome to dabored.

• KW13
    KW13

a rough story eh? glad you've made some progress.

• Gill
    Gill

Welcome, RRB!

Sorry for your loss of your mother and your hard life with your father.

Hope we are able to help you in some way, even if it is just to vent your spleen.

You seem to be working out the JW BS by yourself however! That's pretty cool. I wish I'd been as bright as you at that age!

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

rrb,

welcome to jwd. unfortunately your story is a common one here, but there are people who want to help if they can. so stick around.

orbison11 said..."not going to bother reading any further" What a {delete}ing {delete} {delete} you are. no welcome, no hope you are feeling better, nothing from you but a kiss my {delete} attitude. certainly makes one feel like they are at the KH. if you weren't going to read any further(come on admit you read the last 71 words) why would you post such a snotty little note?

self appointed supreme ones,

people on this forum have been beaten, raped, lied to, and abused in every possible manner, but, thanks to your vigilance, they can be assured that their posts will be squeaky clean language wise. just like the good old days of spiritual censorship. it's good to have the key to those locked doors isn't it skully? if you don't like what we say, you just unlock that door and bang we didn't say it. how reassuring to you that must be. {delete}ing {delete} since you surely must have more important things to do than edit this post i went ahead and did it for you. no thanks are necessary.

j2s edited because i don't know you well enough to call you a nazi.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Excellent story--I feel for you, I really do. Stories like this remind me that the Witnesses' vaunted "love" is superficial and conditional.
    As for the bad word--I'm guessing it was the c-bomb? Personally this doesn't bother me, but then it's not my board and I don't set the rules. I have seen other exJW boards totally devastated and ruined by vulgarity and general hooliganism, though, so it's probably for the best that those rules are in place. Don't take it personally.

• ocsrf
    ocsrf
    Oh and if the resurection is to be so damn happy, then what, resurectees have no emotions as they see the husband who "in the blink of an eye" was their lifelong mate is now boning sister pioneer on that bench under the tree.

Welcome first off, you make me laugh the same way Richie Rich does. Believe it or not, I used to think about this alot, well not in exactly in the terms you so creatively used, but the same idea for sure.

OC

• Fleur
    Fleur

Welcome RRB. Hope you stick around. Your story will help a lot of others realize how good they have had it on their way out.

glad you made it through.

hugs

essie

• Scully
    Scully

just2sheep:

self appointed supreme ones,

people on this forum have been beaten, raped, lied to, and abused in every possible manner, but, thanks to your vigilance, they can be assured that their posts will be squeaky clean language wise. just like the good old days of spiritual censorship. it's good to have the key to those locked doors isn't it skully? if you don't like what we say, you just unlock that door and bang we didn't say it. how reassuring to you that must be. {delete}ing {delete} since you surely must have more important things to do than edit this post i went ahead and did it for you. no thanks are necessary.

j2s edited because i don't know you well enough to call you a nazi.

There were enough complaints on this thread to warrant editing out the "c-word". And you're absolutely right that there are people on this forum who have been beaten, raped, lied to, and abused in every possible manner. Including some women who have been verbally and sexually abused and have been referred to by the "c-word" in the process of their abuse. And other people, including the owner of this forum, who find that particular word highly objectionable. Apparently you have no qualms in forcing abuse survivors to re-live those experiences and be retraumatized by them by the triggering effect that it might have to see that word in what they consider to be a safe and welcoming place. If you aren't happy with the Posting Guidelines of this forum, there are other places available for you to frequent.

Posting Guidelines
    To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.
    4. Breaking the law
      This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an approaching court case). You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication. We are unable to investigate all third party material, so where possible, please provide a link instead.
    5. Spamming
      Please don't add the same comment to more than one forum.
    6. Advertising
      You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.
    7. Impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a person or organisation.
      Please don't mislead other users by abusing our registration procedure.
    8. Posting in a language other than English.
    9. Invading people's privacy
      Please don't post private addresses or phone numbers, including your own. You may post email addresses so long as you make it clear who they belong to.
    10. Posting an off-topic comment.
    11. Publicly disputing or arguing about moderator decisions
      If you disagree with any action taken then please raise it via email or PM.
    12. Annoying the forum owner
      If you have a query or a complaint then send a personal message or email. This is my site and I can say or do what I want and don't need lectures from anyone who doesn't like it. If you don't like this then don't use the site.

Forums may be moderated to make sure they stay friendly and welcoming, legal and relevant. We reserve the right to edit or delete posts at own discretion and without notice, which we consider to be unacceptable. If you repeatedly break these guidelines, you may be prevented from posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit