So I Finally Dissassociated Myself...

by arecibo 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Welcome! I would enjoy reading your DA letter. If you need any help turning it into an HTML file (a Web page) just let me know.

I also DA'd. I felt the clean break by my choosing, on my terms, was preferable since my wife is still a JW and would have been dragged through the muck and mire right along with me. She is too dear to my heart for me to put her through that, so...I took the "officially opting out" path. Unlike those who fade, I have no concen whatsoever whether anyone hears this or that about me.

Your analogy about being covered with tar is very good. I haven't been dunked in tar, but I have played mud volleyball in 1 foot deep clay mud pits. You find clay for days in spots you never noticed having, no matter how well you shower. You keep finding bits of clay and very quartz bits in your snot when you blow your nose, keep scraping more from under your nails...scrub all you like it is in for the duration. I imagine tar would be similar only stickier.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I can finally get into contact with my other aunts who my mother has alienated through her bigotry.

Hi Arecibo, sounds like you are beginning to find some nice things beneath each piece of "tar" that you uncover. The road to recovery is going to be like that, finding little/big nice things along the way. I'm glad that you're out of that farce of a religion and I hope your mom catches on, too!

• juni
    juni

Welcome Arecibo.

We look forward to more postings by you. You'll have ups and downs as you navigate unchartered waters;only natural after having your life planned out for you. Now you can make your own choices. I recommend getting out w/people and having a good time. Visiting your aunts would be a good place to start.

Best to you!

Juni

• LDH
    LDH
    Good going!

BTW, Arecibo is the name of the town where my mom was born in Puerto Rico. Is that where you got your nick from?

Welcome!

Arecibo is a beautiful little town with one of the LARGEST observatories on the planet! I used to live not far from there in Aguadilla, Mastodon.

Anyhow, Arecibo, congratulations on your choice!

• LDH
    LDH
    Good going!

BTW, Arecibo is the name of the town where my mom was born in Puerto Rico. Is that where you got your nick from?

Welcome!

Arecibo is a beautiful little town with one of the LARGEST observatories on the planet! I used to live not far from there in Aguadilla, Mastodon.

Anyhow, Arecibo, congratulations on your choice!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Good for you arecibo - and welcome! Hope to read more of your experience.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Congratulations and welcome to the board. Your mother started shunning you even before you dissassociated? She is tough.

• arecibo
    arecibo

here's the letter. i'm having to post at work as my broadband isn't set up at home yet, so my posts will probably be a bit sporadic.

'Dear Simon,
    As the Presiding Overseer (as far as I remember), please take this letter as written confirmation of my wish to dissassociate myself from the Jehovah’s Witness organisation.
    I could write you a 4 page letter stating all my reasons, but I do not need your understanding, only that you remove my name from any files/report cards etc that you may hold and add me to your ‘Do Not Call’ list.
    My mother has now stated that the only contact she can have with me is on family business due to your rules on dissassociation. Although this saddens me somewhat, I realise that this is the price I will have to pay for freedom from the cult dynamics, false teachings and bigotry of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
    Your’s sincerely'

Short and to the point I think. I've seen other DA letters running into pages, but didn't want to waste any more time justifying myself to these people...

• luna2
    luna2

I love it. Short, sweet and to the point. I enjoyed the cult reference too. lol

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings arecibo,

:She doesn't take kindly to my newly found athiesm and application of the skeptical method, proclaiming fire and brimstone on me at every opportunity she gets.

That's because the very ground she walks on quakes or turns to jello with your "newly found athiesm." Ever tried walking on jello? Welcome to JWD arecibo.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit