Some apostates are more equal than others...

by slimboyfat 63 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I only have one more thing to add to this thread: Midget-Sasquatch's avatar is Cavey Jr.

Oh, and also, Unga-bunga!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I didn't read all the posts, so i take a chance that this has already been said. As much as we are animals, there will always be some kind of hierarchical thinking among us.

S

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

To LT and the rest of the Captain Caveman fans: What I really loved was the dragon in his club that would do neat stuff. The kid in me still finds that .

DB1974: Thanks for the memories!

AuldSoul: You're right. Its junior. I wanted to stress the punyness. I even remember some cartoons where the Captain was together with the Flintstones. His cover/alter-ego was a librarian(?) and I believe Betty and Wilma were investigative reporters.

Dan-O: I'm coming to agree with your point more and more. The appeal of the jws is emotional for many converts. Thats probably why its likelier for them to abandon the cult after having been mistreated, or slighted emotionally, than to hear about say the doctrinal flip flops.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    But I have to say that when I researched "the truth", it felt like it was a sin. What I was doing would have been considered "apostasy"...it definitely was not encouraged. I was once brought before the elders who wanted to know if I was "trying to disprove the truth".

Hmmmmmmm.....in the "immortal" words of "Captain Caveman" Knorr from page 391 of the book Living Schools of Religion: "To disagree is not intolerant; to gag those who do disagree with you is intolerant."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit