Some apostates are more equal than others...

by slimboyfat 63 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ever noticed that the most cleverest apostates are the ones that were "brought up in the truth"? I mean people like Little Toe, Leolaia and Narkissos who provide the most intelligent dicsussions on the forum - they never chose the Witnesses, but were dragged up in it. Do you think maybe they can't help but look down on the rest of us who were stupid enough to actually choose to become Witnesses? Is their a hierachy among apostates - between those who were brought up Witnesses and those who converted to the Witnesses?

Just wondering (Proverbs 6:19)

Slim

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

slim You're scraping the bottom of the barrel with this

Ever noticed that the most cleverest apostates are the ones that were "brought up in the truth"? I mean people like Little Toe, Leolaia, Dozy and Narkissos who provide the most intelligent dicsussions on the forum - they never chose the Witnesses, but were dragged up in it.

I don't agree with you at all. jgnat was never a JW and has some pretty amazing things to say.

Do you think maybe they can't help but look down on the rest of us who were stupid enough to actually choose to become Witnesses?

I have never seen any of them be disrespectful or "look down on" others because they joined. Your suggestion is just rude and uninformed

Is their a hierachy among apostates - between those who were brought up Witnesses and those who converted to the Witnesses?

I have been on this board a long time and have never seen the split you suggest.

Are you sure you are in the right place?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Is their a hierachy among apostates -

You mean like apostate MS's, elders, CO's, and a governing body of apostates???

Please tell me it ain't so!

W

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Ever noticed that the most cleverest apostates are the ones that were "brought up in the truth"? I mean people like Little Toe, Leolaia, Dozy ;and ;Narkissos who provide the most intelligent dicsussions on the forum - they ;never chose the Witnesses, but were dragged up in it. Do you think maybe they can't help but look down on the rest of us who were stupid enough to actually choose to become Witnesses? Is their a hierachy among apostates - between those who were brought up Witnesses and those who converted to the Witnesses?

This is an interesting point you raise SBF; perhaps because they were brought up in it their thirst for knowledge is more intense, I dont know.

I dont know where you get the idea that they might look down on you because you chose to be a Jehovahs Witness and I can see no hierachy at all. This makes little sense to me.

For the record though SBF I was a born in and dont look down on you; in fact the only people I do look down on are those that refuse to do their own research and look at things objectively. Whilst we might disagree on a few things, you clearly research and form your own opinions to a large degree.

What was your point; what led you to ask such a question?

DB74

• Robdar
    Robdar

I think it comes down to what we see in "real life", self esteem.

Some members feel less equal than others but can't see it and so think that these other members are more equal.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Don't you often hear people say "If I wasn't brought up a Witness, there is no way I would have been stupid enough to join them" - which is a kind of implied criticism of those who converted, is it not?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Do you think maybe they can't help but look down on the rest of us who were stupid enough to actually choose to become Witnesses? Is their a hierachy among apostates - between those who were brought up Witnesses and those who converted to the Witnesses?

No. Why do you ask? Are you jealous of them? Suffering an inferiority complex maybe? Learning is open to all - are you going to sit there whining about how brainy everyone else is or are you going to get off your backside and learn?

Just wondering (Proverbs 6:19)

Is that scripture being used with reference to yourself? If so, how true!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

This topic reminded me of another one - similar, but slightly different - that was posted here some time back.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/56556/1.ashx

W

• Warlock
    Warlock

I want to know who makes the appointments or are we self appointed?

Warlock (the un-appointed one)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This is only meant to be a light hearted interjection. And the scriptural quotation with the devil icon was meant to convey that I am not arguing in earnest, but just casting thoughts around

Please lighten up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit