This is an odd example of a Witness at my door, any one heard of this?

by free2beme 22 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    They canvas the area compiling addresses of hearing impaired ones

That language is so unfortunate - try "hearing impaired people"

• stapler99
    stapler99

I've heard of similar things happening in Britain although I have never actually seen it, it is not that common and not done everywhere.

• RachelHall
    RachelHall
    The woman said, "We are in your neighborhood compiling a list of people who are hearing impaired and in need to communicating with sign language." I was wondering, "What?

Wouldn't that fall under "intruding in their privacy" If the hearing impaired want to communicate with other hearing impaired....they don't need the witnesses hunting them down and asking questions to their neighbors.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Wow what a brilliant way to make your time.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, brilliant. All three could count the time. And, if they rang the doorbell, would the hearing impaired come to the door?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I knew that lists were collected (for other languages, too) but have never seen it done as the sole topic of conversation.

Au contraire, that's the norm downunder.

• garybuss
    garybuss

This is a small but devious band of cat burglars who have actually hired Gypsies posing as Witnesses to develop lists of deaf people to target for burglaries knowing they can't hear them when they break into their houses. The boy was a midget. He is the gang leader.
    The reason they lead with an Awake! magazine is the police know no Witness ever reads the Awake! magazine and the Gypsies can pass the Witness IQ equivalency competency test if they are ever questioned by police since the Gypsies don't read Awake! either.

• pistchio
    pistchio

Trying to seem innocent and unoffending, fearing that no one would give them names for their list? probably planning to target all the deaf people in one swoop.

• rassillon
    rassillon
    small but devious band of cat burglars

Soooo....They are going to try to steal their cats?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

They are in the ASL congo. Technically they are not permitted to witness outside their congo and can only use the language of the congo.

Seems really stupid but that's how they develop territory lists. Do the same thing for Spanish etc. For instance a spanish language congo member can only approach "obviously hispanic looking" people at Wal-Mart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit