The great pyramid

by OneLord 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

The old pyramid story was one of things that did it for me. When I looked at the front of the book with the pyramid pull out I nearly wet myself, complete and utter bonkers I tell you.

Now what new light is there about that I ask you???

BM

• Forscher
    Forscher
    What are we saying here? Russell Co. were kind of OK until nasty Rutherford and Knorr spoiled everything?

Not far off. Russell fell for some wrong bilical exposition and promoted that. That is called being mistaken.
    I think the Aluminum thing was printed in the Rutherford era in the Awake. As for the wheat, our modern hybrids are just as good.
    ;-)
    Forscher

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.pastor-russell.com/legacy/will_.html NEW this is a high ranked google adsense paid addy at JW keywords! I mean it's the same rank at this moment as watchtower.org

I don't know who it is but like e-watchman the enemy of my enemy is my friend

• Forscher
    Forscher

Interesting site Danny.
    Forscher

• Rooster
    Rooster
    The old pyramid story was one of things that did it for me. When I looked at the front of the book with the pyramid pull out I nearly wet myself, complete and utter bonkers I tell you.

Now what new light is there about that I ask you???

BM

I must say I had the same reaction... How does God add new light to the works of the Devil? This teaching of new light is bull crap!!

• Rooster
    Rooster
    :-)
    Rooster, are you sure you are on the right thread?

I was just saying that the Pyramids have nothing to do with being a Christian!

• freetosee
    freetosee
    You might also add that you don't have to believe everything Russell ever wrote to belong to the group, despite lovelylil's experience with the BibleStudent forum.

Forscher

What was lovlylil's experience with the BibleStudent forum?

Freetosee

• matey
    matey

this whole pyramid thing is new to me.. seems interesting to say the least though..

• Navigator
    Navigator

I am amazed at how many folks think that the Hebrews built the Pyramids as slaves. Actually they had been standing for almost 1000 years before the Semites began to migrate to Egypt. While the Hebrews may have been an "under-class", it is doubtful that they were slaves. They were likely very much like the "wetbacks" we have today. You can't work construction today unless you can get by in Spanish. In truth, they really didn't become Hebrews until Moses rounded them up and organized them. The name Hebrew comes from the Egyptian word "Hibyru" which meant "robber or raider". The Egyptian Govenors closest to the Sinai were constantly complaining about the "Hibyru" raiding into their territory. Egypt did, after all, have a reliable food supply thanks to the annual flooding of the Nile. The Jews wouldn't come into existence until 700 B.C. or so when they held out against the Assyrians.

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK - in the interest of reasonableness:

1. Now I understand, Rooster. You are right, no buildings needed. And especially not somebody else's sun worshipping crypt - monument.

2. Forscher, maybe I am reading you wrong. Surely you were not advocating rolling back the doctrine to Russell of the 1890 - 1910 era? In the interests of peace, it does seem somewhat more intellectually sincere than the cynicism or Rutherford. However, I still have my crackpot alarm go off whenever I read anything from the guy. Did you know that the old TV Rev. Gene Scott was also a great apologist for pyramid symbolism? While I often watched him for entertainment purposes on late night TV, he also gave me quite a few ticks on the crackpot counter.

3. And, now - my real culpa: I think I forgot that this thread got started by a fairly new poster called OneLord, who looked mostly to have put up a pretty reasonable question. I see OneLord has not been back - I hope we didn't get somebody mad for no reason except a little bit of fun!

Sincerely, James

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit