The great pyramid

by OneLord 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods

My comment is just "Kind of weird"? Dammit - I thought it was all the way weird!!!

What I was pointing out was that Russell and his Millerite buddies already had plenty of time and experience with false prophecy to have done the necessary self-correction before 1914. They failed in 1844, again in 1874, and again and again through all this past century. Russell and crew were not simple honest bible students.

They were guilty and culpable false prophet liars - and C.T. should have already known so when he started this 1914 B.S.

• Rooster
    Rooster

And this is the witness given, that God gave us everlasting life, and this life is in his Son. 12 He that has the Son has this life; he that does not have the Son of God does not have this life.

I write YOU these things that YOU may know that YOU have life everlasting, YOU who put YOUR faith in the name of the Son of God.

Buildings & earthly structures not required..

• james_woods
    james_woods

Rooster, are you sure you are on the right thread?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Danny's Pyramid Pages my devout old time JW grandfather talked about the early Russellites and the pyramids often no way they can make it go away

• Forscher
    Forscher
    My comment is just "Kind of weird"? Dammit - I thought it was all the way weird!!!

LMAO!!!!
    At least we agree on something!
    Forscher

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Above is the headstone above Russell's grave. Note that he was viewed as the seventh, or "Laodician Messenger" to the Churches (Revelation 3:14) The first six are listed as: St. Paul, St. John, Arius, Waldo, Wycliffe, Luther. (The Finished Mystery, Karatol edition, 1918, p. 64)

Watchtower's pyramid memorial, with cross and crown emblem and capstone. Note Russell's headstone in background.

Close-up of pyramid with cross and crown emblem, and "Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society" carved in stone.

"Risen with Christ" carved in stone on another side of the pyramid. Cross and crown emblem is on all four sides.

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

You can look at the two groups today Jehovah Witness who followed Rutherford or the Bible Students that followed Russell. The Bible Students are small but don't have the problems witnesses do. Women are not left in abusive relationship, child abuse is not covered up. They do have an organization or a fortune to protect. They operate in small groups believe all will be offered a fair and full chance at salvation during Christ's reign. Plus, pretty much all Bible Student groups do straight Bible Studies chapter by chapter besides reading the volumnes. They openly use concordance and literal bibles. The Elder body is elected every year by the members so there is less of a chance of corruption. All decisions are made by a vote of members not just whether its ok to purchase a new microphone. There is no secret funds all spending is laid out in detailed and given to each member. They don't throw someone out for disagree on a prophetic point or for disagreeing with Russell. They don't cover up his mistakes.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Not bad FFWTBTS.
    You might also add that you don't have to believe everything Russell ever wrote to belong to the group, despite lovelylil's experience with the BibleStudent forum.
    Forscher

• james_woods
    james_woods

So, can these earnest bible students now cook their food in an aluminum pan?

Or, bake their bread with cracked miracle wheat?

What are we saying here? Russell & Co. were kind of OK until nasty Rutherford and Knorr spoiled everything?

No way - I denounce the memory of all these phonies.

• Forscher
    Forscher

By the way Dannyhazard, the monument you provided pictures for was Rutherford's doing. When he first took over Rutherford promoted the deification of CTR in order to give himself credibility. He taught folks that Russell, as the Laodicean messenger, was directing the work from heaven THROUGH HIM.
    Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit