Are we going to Hell?

by catbert 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't want to go to hell, I only left last year, when I da'd.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I don't want to go to hell, I only left last year, when I da'd.

Word! Ain't that the truth! Ok, in normal English: Yes, I agree!

• Shazard
    Shazard

You have to bee damn sure that Hell is invention just to ignore it.
    I still havent seen any proof of such a bold claim. All "proofs" are some kind of genetic fallacy!
    And yes, Hell should scare ppl. Question is, if you are scared of height, wat you do? Stop believing gravity or just take precosions to not climb trees and roofs?
    Sometimes people take warnings as form of scaring.
    And Here is million dollar question. IF (just IF) there is Hell, would you like to know about it and how to avoid it?

• JH
    JH

Jesus went to hell

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Jesus went to hell

He sure did! And he slept right through it!

• under_believer
    under_believer
    They however extended the term in this Hell to eternity whereas the Jewish minds had only imagined a period of purging lasting a short while. It is truly a testament to the power of this particular myth that moderns living in the age of science who understand the geophysics of volcanoes and earthquakes etc. still worry about going to Hell.
    Uhuh! Can you say that in English!

How about this... "they thought Hell would last forever, but the Jews originally thought people would only stay there for a short time. This really caught people's imaginations--you can tell because even though we know all about volcanoes today, people still think that we will go to Hell."

Does that help?

• greendawn
    greendawn

There is no hell as perceived by the churches, it's just to frighten people away from sinning just like parents use a similar way to frighten children by making the consequences of an action seem much worse than they really are.

Surely wrongdoers will get their reward and for the worst offenders punishment may be very long, over centuries or millenia, but it won't be eternal.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I'm going to hell and have promised to save 2 good seats. 1 for Gumby and 1 for Underbeliever. Does anyone else want me to save a seat for them?

Warlock

• bob1999
    bob1999

I'm not. Romans 8:1

But Revelations 20:15 "and if any one's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelations 20:10 ......and they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Sounds like the lake of fire is hell.

• Warlock
    Warlock

bob1999

Rev.20:14 "And death and Hades were hurled into the lake of fire". Lake of fire sounds like eternal destruction to me.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit