Are we going to Hell?

by catbert 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Are we going to Hell?

Not me! I've got a "Get Out of Hell Free" card!

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is the great debate, is that verse about eternal torment literal? I doubt it though some will no doubt suffer torment with fire and sulphur for a very long time, particularly the demons.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think that for most of us, our deepest intuition tells us that death is the end of our conscious existence forever, though we make up a lot of fanciful stories to deny this cold reality. I think about my great-great-great grandfather Gregor who came over from Germany in the 1800's. He's been dead quite a while. Nobody living has any memory of him, he only exists on family trees that his descendants have sketched out, and it's quite likely that in 100 years or less he will be all but entirely forgotten. IOW, nobody alive has any *emotions* about this man. So, when people walk by his grave and see his name, whether they are one of his descendants or not, I think that all except the very hardcore religious types simply knows that there lays a stone marker for some anonymous human creature that once walked the earth but is forever dead. Not in hell, not in heaven. Just dead.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

What purpose would eternal torment by fire have? Without a physical body including nerves and feelings how could hell hurt? How does a spirit feel pain?

Perhaps the thought of hellfire is a subconscience knowledge that the atoms that compose our physical beings were churned out from the hearts of firey suns over a period of billions of years. Seems eternal to me, dont you think?

• free2beme
    free2beme

I was already there, but I walked away and became worldly!

• mbn36
    mbn36

Maybe its a figurative statement, hell is described as separation from GOD. I don't think it has anything to do with burning flames and evil spirits flying around asking you to be friends. I just try my best to follow the standards that God layed out for us in the bible. Everyday I fail at it miserably but I always remember Christ died so I could live without the burden of my mistakes.

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Rev.20:14 "And death and Hades were hurled into the lake of fire". Lake of fire sounds like eternal destruction to me.
    Warlock

You never got away from JW, single-scripture exgesis did you? A text without context is a pretext.
    Rex

• restrangled
    restrangled

Nobody here is going to hell, they've already lived in the WT society.

Don't forget the last pope decided hell was in the minds of the catholics, theY claimed the vatican had never said their was a real hell.(look up on line) or I will send it to you. Don't forget all the artists that were forced to paint hell, the musicians that were forced to produce music and lets not forget the spanish inquisition.

Religious history is so absolutely disgusting its hard to believe in anything.

Now who in the "hell" does this remind you of? :) RELIGIOUS LEADERS LOVE TO HIDE THEIR HISTORY.

IT IS MY PERSONAL BELEIF, THAT ALL RELIGION IS CORRUPT AND THE LEADERS GREEDY.

AND I MEAN ALL RELIGIONS INCLUDING JWS.

amy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit