Are we going to Hell?

by catbert 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• catbert
    catbert

Lets discuss the origins of Hell, and whether we are going there. I don't want to...

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

There is no hell, that's just a man made concept created to freighten people into submission.

IC

• catbert
    catbert

Lovelylil, Whats your take on Hell?

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I dunno. But, we gotta go somewhere! Hotel, motel, Holiday Inn, but you don't have to stay here!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wherever you go, you create it for yourself, just like in this life, you basically make you own life.

S

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

If anyone is going to Hell....It's the WT...not us...

The people on this site are the most honest people I know...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

WTF? Excuse my French...is hell?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Volcanoes are an inspiring thing. Without the benefit of science ancient peoples imagined all sorts of explanations for the sulfurous gasses and red hot magmas that belched from below the ground. The notion that an underground place of torture and pain in fire and sulfur was part of a number of ancient cultures, including the Jewish and Greek. Gehenna was a low valley that according to legend contained the gate to this underground place of fire and sulfur. The writers of the NT naturally incorporated this Jewish mythology about the fate of the dead God was unpleased with. They however extended the term in this Hell to eternity whereas the Jewish minds had only imagined a period of purging lasting a short while. It is truly a testament to the power of this particular myth that moderns living in the age of science who understand the geophysics of volcanoes and earthquakes etc. still worry about going to Hell.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

When you read about the Indonisians refusing to leave Mt. Merapi, confident they can prevent an eruption by tossing chickens into the crater, just how reasonable do they seem to you? Hellfire is just another example of the same ignorance..

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    They however extended the term in this Hell to eternity whereas the Jewish minds had only imagined a period of purging lasting a short while. It is truly a testament to the power of this particular myth that moderns living in the age of science who understand the geophysics of volcanoes and earthquakes etc. still worry about going to Hell.

Uhuh! Can you say that in English!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit