Intolerance - a new breed of ex-JW

by LittleToe 260 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry
    And that's finally your answer to my question? To quote a phrase: No cigar...

How about a bee sting?

• Robdar
    Robdar

I didn't know you were a woman! I don't check the avatars for evidence of sex.

Yes, I'm a woman. And a cute one.

I think you are changing the subject. It is diversion. Nope, not a diversion. Just asking you to elaborate something that you said:

You are locked in to a one to one with your God idea and can't really see how it is for the rest of us out here.

I really want to know how it is for the rest of you. I'm curious. Indulge me.

Robyn

• peggy
    peggy

"A measure of fantasy thinking"--------Yes Terry, I stand corrected! As you identified yourself as one trying to "lure unsuspecting widows with money into contacting you". ;-0

Peg

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Still no cigar.

Kindly allow me to remind you of the question:

And so taking this back to my original premise, do you see anyone around here who has so taken such a toll on the levels of suffering experienced by mankind that they deserve scorn and ridicule to be heaped upon them?

I've highlighted the keyword and "bee sting" isn't an appropriate answer

• gumby
    gumby

Just want to say hi to my little bruver LT......hi buddy....give em hell!!!!!!

Gumquietonthisone

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hehe - missed ya buddy - just posted a reply to your comment on the other thread, but sadly I have to go out now

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

LT, going back to your original post, do you think that this is a "new breed" of ex-JDub?

steve

• bebu
    bebu

I have known (and likely, everyone else has, too) people who see doctors for intense back or shoulder pain which no MRI or CT scan or X-ray or any other medical test can "prove" exists. I am not sure how L&I works with these claims now--granting them disability or not--but I know that I believe in the pain of some of these individuals despite the lack of medical evidence.

The trouble is that I also know that there are more folks who fake injury for disability reasons than those who do suffer. But this is ultimately a matter of my own opinion, of judging others' experiences as either real or imagined (or pretended). I do not need to have something similar, myself, though I do have experience of back injury. What seems to make a difference to me is the known integrity of the person who is complaining. And I do believe that some people experience acute pain even when tests cannot prove it is there. Faith in the person overcomes the faith in the hard medical proof (or lack of proof in this case).

Terry is implying that IF God exists all must be mystics. There is a sense in which we all are, I think, for anyone who appreciates art or nature is imparting value to something based solely upon a personal conviction or impression (sometimes shared, sometimes not). However, we also all have freedom, which is perhaps the only thing we all have equally. And though the freedom is given equally, freedom will inherently result in our having unequal experiences, perhaps even mystic ones.

Jesus said the Kingdom of God belonged to those who become as little children. If this is true, there is a kind of freedom of choice here for us, I think. My experience translates that explanation/invitation into 'sit quietly like a child on his dad's knees'. I can find God's presence when He is really the thing my heart is after. I'm more convinced by that personal experience (which is exactly how I should be met by God, I believe) than whatever science might prove one way or another (and how could they prove this??? I should truly suspect something very wrong if they claimed that they could!!)

bebu

bee-stung class

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry is implying that IF God exists all must be mystics. There is a sense in which we all are, I think, for anyone who appreciates art or nature is imparting value to something based solely upon a personal conviction or impression (sometimes shared, sometimes not). However, we also all have freedom, which is perhaps the only thing we all have equally. And though the freedom is given equally, freedom will inherently result in our having unequal experiences, perhaps even mystic ones.

We can see art in order to have an opinion about it. We can experience nature with our senses equally in a group because it is there available to everybody's senses. What follows is the opinion as to worth. The opinion didn't come first based on an expectation.

Freedom comes down to consciousness and existence. We are each in a different social enviornment and possess different physicality and intellects. Exercise of our consciousness devolves down to physical limitation, enviornment and social order. Thus, we are not all equally free.

Man shares nothing in common except a potential to exercise what he has by way of consciousness and existence.

When we (or somebody else) posits or asserts the existence of a non-existing thing (or person) they distort reality. When they make our moral value contingent upon our accepting the unreal as though it were real they distort our consciousness and pressure us socially to damage our intellect by indulging in "faith" over reason.

For me, a MYSTIC is only too willing to participate in this fantasy and make it appear as real to themselves (and others) as their taste for the imaginary can be indulged. At the point where they lose track of where fantasy begins and reality ends they become neurotic.

I suppose a neurotic can appear to be having a good time, but; they are still a neurotic.

Wishful thinking is a poor substitute for the real world.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Terry:

You are locked in to a one to one with your God idea and can't really see how it is for the rest of us out here. I am drawn back to the above sentence. How is it for the rest of you out there? Still no answer to my question. Not surprising, really. Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit