4 JW's KILLED by TRAIN out in SERVICE

by DannyHaszard 48 Replies latest social current

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

"any man's death diminishes me" - quote from John Donne but my sentiments
    Eyeslice

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

What a sad story. I'm sure this will be a great boost for the local ministry. But no, really, I'm sure the local elders will use them as an example for years to come. "WIth four people giving their lives for the ministry, how can we stay in bed on a Saturday morning?"

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

How very tragic and sad. And to think that they may have even included the family and loved ones of people in this very forum.

Gamaliel

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

DaCheech,

You're right, that makes you a jerk.

W.Once

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Hey guys and gals, please go easy on DaCheech. Yes, he spun it one way. But he was honest and put his own disclaimer up front -- one some of you chose to ignore and rub in. Why didn't you add a little salt along the way?
    Remember, the Society, at times, does its own share of spinning when such tragedies happen -- only the other way. I recall (please help me out here) a national tragedy in South America many years ago. It could have been an earthquake, floods, a busload of kids tumbling into some ravine.
    An article in Awake (I think) did some arithmetic showing how the ratio of non-jw casualties was higher than jw casualties. I thought at the time this was completely rude and insensitive to people who may have had loved ones among the casualty list. All this while totally ignoring their preached stance of "time and unforeseen occurrence".
    Fats

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Remember, the Society, at times, does its own share of spinning when such tragedies happen -- only the other way. I recall (please help me out here) a national tragedy in South America many years ago. It could have been an earthquake,

Back in the 1980's an entire congregation in Columbia was wiped out along with thousands of inhabitants when they ignored warnings of an impending volcanic eruption I believe it was the mud slides that caused their deaths.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

So very sad - the families must be devastated.

A sad aspect of this story is that the memorial services for these women will be used to the hilt for a witness-talk to the audience, rather than an opportunity to grieve a terrible loss of life and memorialize the individuals.

My uncle died several years ago from injuries sustained in a one-car accident on his way to field service. Just rolled the car suddenly - we will never know why, possibly a heart attack or a bee inside the car?

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

The train always wins. I'm completely paranoid about train crossings.

• Anitar
    Anitar

I'm really sorry, that must be a very ugly way to die. Why were they just sitting on the train tracks? Was it suicide? Either way I pray God is with them and that he shows mercy despite the fact they were JWs.

By the way, how long will it take the Watchtower society or even the local congregaton to publish an article making "martyrs" of them all.

• wednesday
    wednesday

me too, i have been terrifed all my life of trains, and always feared stalling on a crossing.

This happened in a southwest state about a year of so ago, (delibertly not giving some info so it cannot be identifiable) young woman driving and apparently the train crossing had no warning, one of those where the train kind of comes around a corner and WOW there it is. The woman was a Df person , who had long ago moved on with her life and her life was good. Her jws parents refused to go to her funeral. I knew they were complete asses, but that confirmed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit