I Can't Do Any More - Can You?

by Joe Grundy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• z
    z

Joe I know how you feel I’m in the same situation as you I was never JW I’m Jewish I don’t believe in god and my look at religion basically is the biggest scum invented by man
    I have condition that I need therapy on weekly basses my Dr recommended him so here he was at the beginning I sow he is not like must ppl I know, he was scare shit of me after some time he open up and said “ I’m JW” (this was the first time I meat JW and I did not know what their believe is all about) for me so who care you can be what over you like I respect all believe as long you do not try to push your believe on me, as I know today this is one of JWS to do so and from this day on we argue.
    I’m educated and my first languish is Hebrew he go’s door to door and spike about the Bible NWT he showed me scripture I look it up and see “hey this is totally out of context” must have no clue at the door “what the Bible really say” lol but I do
    Long story short his income is me the rest of his time is devoted to the cult he is MS. seeing his life and his wife (no kids he is 41 wife 52 married 13yr was a virgin to the age 28yr WTF) wasted in the cult just break my hart his car’s bottom you can see the road totally broke and he is one nice man and I like him as a person, I start to give him gift tacking him to restaurant ( one time I asked his wife to join she did and talked all the time about AF*** magazine I almost vomit) and basically with out me helping he can’t make it. After long time and allot of arguing he see the light and he see some of the teachings of the WT as weird and he doesn’t agree with not in the begging but today he is, so you can do it, I think I’m

Above poster said “this is not normal” maybe she is right but I can’t see ppl surfing this way. My feelings anyway some do need “worldly” help and I have to be me

Z

• ObservingTexan
    ObservingTexan
    I can`t understand why you are you want to get so involved with this family, and it isn`t normal for a man your age to want to `take kids to school` etc. If you haven`t been a witness, why are you so bothered about the religion? I can understand people that have been involved wanting to help their own family`s of friends, but this seems abnormal to me, sorry.

I don't find his interest "abnormal" in the least bit based on the info given. I, though, find your comments out of line and down right offensive. To question someone's motives who happens to be asking for help when you know little to nothing is over the line. I find that you have absolutely NO basis for your statements.

Just because you can't understand something doesn't make it either "abnormal", wrong, or even questionable as to someone's motive as you have implied.

Personally, I think you owe the poster an apology.

OT....

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's typical of the JWs, they do not want to show appreciation for the many good things they enjoy from non JWs because they are so eager to detract value from the (non JW) world so that the end will not have to be delayed by having many nice people in it.

So they even forget how much benefit they get from democratic western constitutions that respect the rights of man. Even though they know what it is like living in say oppressive Islamic countries.

• juni
    juni

Hi Joe!

Joe is a real giving person w/a real heart of gold. But with all due respect, Joe, I have to agree w/jgnat's comment -

Joe Grundy, children are amazingly resilient. Look at Lady Lee and Blondie. These naturally beautiful women, all they needed in their poor childhoods is ONE MODEL of how good it MIGHT BE. I agree with others, just be yourself. Your example will speak volumes. If you panic and try and force a greater involvement, it will just come off as creepy.

Witnesses tend to be on guard w/those awful "worldly people". It is POUNDED into your brain - you know part of the brain -washing they do. "We're not brainwashed; our brains have been washed clean from worldly influence" blah, blah, blah. that they espouse.

It takes a Witness to think outside of the box for them to overcome their unfounded fear of "worldly people".

I think you are and could continue to be a force for good by your example to the kids.

Take care Joe and have a great weekend and watching the America's Cup race.

In friendship,

Juni

• dido
    dido

Observing Texan - I don`t think i owe an apology at all, i have given my opinion, and i stick by it. There is no way i would want an old man taking my kids to school, or getting so involved in my family, and i do think it is abnormal for someone to want to do that.

• IW
    IW

Joe,

Believe it or not many JWs are happy to be what they are and they lead good lives especially when compared to some families I'm sure you've come in contact with as a cop. They find safety and comfort in their little garden with its high walls. It's their choice. All you can do is be a good neighbor as it seems they are to you also.

As for taking the child to school I would think you would be happy to see a family being extra careful with their kids. When my children were young no one outside of my family would be trusted with their care and I'm glad this JW mom is also being careful. You should not be alone with the children, as a former cop you understand the situation.

If you're a good friend to the Mom and Dad that will have a beneficial influence on them and their family. But someone who appears to get a little too interested in a family's personal life, though, usually sets off alarms, this I'm sure as a cop you are also aware of.

Be a friend to the parents and live your life, Joe.

Just my opinion of course.

IW

• freetosee
    freetosee

Dear Joe, from reading many of your posts, as I have said before, your personality, expertise and concern for people is a great asset to this forum.

When I realized the cult-factor about the WTS I was still living at home. My family went to the meetings and I stayed home. Today only my father goes to the meetings and that’s were he belongs. IMO too, it is best to ‘win without a word’ of direct challenge to their belief. You being yourself can shatter their drilled concept of the ‘worldly people’. That’s one of the things which worked for me. Since they like you too, their greatest joy would be for you to become a JW one day. I’m sure they give you literature now and then; you could ask them thought provoking questions regarding the received literature. But stay with thought-provoking questions as his will make them think. Don’t let them assign any JW (because of language difficulty) to you to do the explaining. They are your friends and you only want to discuss this faith with your friends/neighbors. And its true, the responsibility of having children has opened the minds of many.

Sadly cults are all about –separation, isolation, manipulation, intimidation in order to take advantage of you. Once you grasp this it will again be separation and isolation through misrepresentation followed by manipulation and intimidation, until you return.

It is heartbreaking but they have to see it for themselves, what you can do is only limited, but do it anyway.

Observing Texan, I agree with you, but that is just my opinion.

Freetosee

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

The reality is that the indoctrination is so effective that there's no one thing that you can say that will free their minds. In my case, it was many things over many years. If there was one person who was trying to rush me, and telling me those things, I'd have probably shut them out of my life because they were Satan's instrument - the roaring lion seeking to devour me. If you don't want them to cut you off, go very easy on them. Just stay their friendly neighbour until they open up to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit