The ridiculers were "right ".............all along

by vitty 14 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

How do you feel, now, knowing that the ridiculers, objectionist or non-jw family and workmates were RIGHT.

I feel a tad embarrist, I spent a long time, 20 years, trying convince, or prove ppl that I had the "truth" . My only consolation was that I would be proved right and that they would end up looking foolish. Pride is a terrible thing.

Towards the end even though I thought it was true, I didnt want anyone messing up their lives by comming into the truth, now thats a quandary I just dont understand even today.

So althought today I dont know what is RIGHT, I certainly know whats WRONG !

How do you say, "yep you were right and I was terribly wrong after all "

It's funny, but most friends and family are just happy to finally have you back in their lives. All of my non-JW and X-JW family treat me so great, even though I had very little to do with them for many years. It's really an example of unconditional love.

Towards the end even though I thought it was true, I didnt want anyone messing up their lives by comming into the truth, now thats a quandary I just dont understand even today.

Ditto! I remember cringing during the baptisms at the last couple of assemblies I attended. I just wanted to shake evryone of the candidates to wake them up, and save them from all of the wasted years.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Most of the people that I knew didn't really care if I was right or not. No one ask me now if I am a JW or not except other JWs. I've never had anyone mention me calling on their homes when I was a JW, and I stopped at about every home in town. We were not as important as we thought.

Ken P.

• KW13
    KW13
    It's funny, but most friends and family are just happy to finally have you back in their lives.

Exactly right, my relationships with family/friends have strengthened a lot and i believe i've made up for lost time.

• luna2
    luna2

Yes, I was very embarrassed at first and didn't want to tell anyone I'd finally wised up. My family has been pretty good about it...at least to my face.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I agree with 24k. My dad who was never a JW actually started crying when I told him I was done with it.

Told my dad I'm leaving the JWs

-ithinkisee

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

My mum was just relieved that I had finally come to my senses and left the org. My work colleagues were ok with it too, apart from a couple who gave me the "I told you so" treatment for a while. The only people who didn't like it were the jws themselves, as you might expect.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Reminds me of that scripture we used to use: in the last days will come ridiculers, saying, where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the days of our forefathers till now, all things have been going exactly as they are now. The ridiculers were/are right.

S

• tan
    tan

Its funny that you posted this today...I was just talking to my mother last night about this very thing. I was thinking that I thought that I just had and knew the truth...suppose someone came up to me with the UN, pedophile issues, inaccurate dates....I wouldn't have had a leg to stand on because I did not know about most of those things other than my own experiences (victim of child abuse--no help from the elders). It would've been so embarrasing.

I used to think: "These people (worldy) think that they have the truth....they're all going to die thinking they have the truth and I was the one without the truth. It's sad for all the JW's still thinking that way.

• apfergus
    apfergus

I've never been bothered by being wrong. Once someone shows me how I was wrong, I change what I think and am no longer wrong. It works out really well. But my Non-JW father was very supportive of my departure, as were all of my non-JW friends. In fact, most of them were more supportive of me then than the elders were. Go figure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit